Help in Coppell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryankirkley20

I am new to scanning and I recently purchased a Uniden bc246t. I live in Coppell and would like to know what all I would need to put in to listen to local PD and FD. I have learned a little bit such as frequencies and TGIDs however I am not totally sure what to do. I have tried searching on the forums but couldnt find anything to help me, so hopefully one of you guys can help me out. Thanks alot in advance.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Ryan,

Look up the Lewisville trunked system in the Database here. (Texas>Denton County) All of Coppell's public safety comms are on this Motorola system.

bwillcox

Coppell PD and FD are on the Lewisville TRS, so you'll need to program in that system with the Coppell talkgroups to hear them.

The system is pure type II now, so don't worry about the fleetmap or any of that nonsense.

Just put in the frequencies the DB lists in red as a Motorola trunking system, then enter the talkgroups you want, according to the directions in the manual. (I'm a GRE guy, so don't know exactly how to program a BCT246, though it is also an excellent scanner)

You might also want to look into the DFWScan Yahoo group.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
Also, if you don't have software to program your scanner yet, be sure to look at Butel's offering for the 246, ARC246. It's $39.95, but the Butel programs are well worth it IMO. You can download a demo on their website, http:\\butel.nl

ryankirkley20

Thanks all of you for your help, but just a few more questions. So I dont have to worry about the other frequencies, just the highlighted red ones? and for instance if i wanted to listen to police or fire, do I have to put in all or the fd or pd TGIDs or just dispatch?

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
ryankirkley20 said:
Thanks all of you for your help, but just a few more questions. So I dont have to worry about the other frequencies, just the highlighted red ones? and for instance if i wanted to listen to police or fire, do I have to put in all or the fd or pd TGIDs or just dispatch?

1. Regarding the frequencies: You can just enter the control channels (red ones) only if you set that system in your scanner to CC only trunking. (I think the 246 does this like 330/396 et. al)

2. Talkgroups: I would program them all, even though may not hear much from the higher numbered channels or the ones on the bottom lists like TAC/CID/Training. Often in the rare event you do hear traffic on those, it can be good listening.

DT

dyeboy26

Lewisville Public Safety Trunking System

Has anything changed with the Lewisville Public Safety Trunking system? I have been monitoring this system for about a year, but i am getting very little for about the last week. Might be a radio problem. I hope not. I am using a PRO-106 and have double checked the programming and all looks good.

bwillcox

I've not seen any problems or changes with Lewisville's system since they realigned the antennas on the east site to fix the nasty coverage hole they had on the south side of the tower that was hosing me as well as the guys at station 3. It is working OK as I write still.

Lewisville has been dual site since then, one on the east side south of Lake Lewisville and the other site east of Lake Grapevine that helps cover the Mound and Highland Village. It has hurt Coppell some but did really help Lake Dallas PD and Lake Cities Fire/Rescue.

I was having some trouble with Denton County but that problem is mostly fixed and I'm getting that system normally now. Not sure if they had a site problem on their south site or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.