help in modulation detection in SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruti01

Given a received signal samples, the objective is to determine the modulation scheme that is present in the signal and demodulate data if required.

Example : Assume that we know that the received signal contains one of the two schemes BPSK or QPSK in the presence of noise. The problem is to say which is present. How to go on with this problem statement. What will be the good solutions.

heyo

Assume that we know that the received signal contains one of the two schemes BPSK or QPSK in the presence of noise.

You also know the Baud rate and encoding? I assume BPSK31 Varicode and QPSK31 Varicode?!
If yes, why not demodulating and decoding both and decide on the decoded output text?
For programmatic decision you may look for "CQ"s or other well known words. A simpler alternative would just present both texts to the user and let him decide. This way one could utilize "error correction" of the human eye - and eliminate false (automatic) decision.

heyo

sorry - i'would not know what part to elobarate. please write which part you did not understand!

[ howto write a private message in this forum? ]

Shruti01

I have do signal analysis coding. Could you help me out with the coding in matlab.....

MSM_Maria

Sorry, we are talking about different things. Determine the mode of modulation/manipulation some unknown signal(e.g. PSK-2, PSK-4, QAM, OFDM, C4FM etc) and direct analysis of the bitstream a bit different things. I'm sorry again.

Shruti01

Could you tell me how to do the coding in matlab for determination of modulation scheme.....

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.