HELP Looking to buy a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmer3us

I have Radio 5.0 on my iPhone but now that LFR and LPD are no longer on there I guess I need to buy a scanner. Only one problem I don't know anything about scanners. Any help would be appreciated. Not looking to spend a ton of money

SCPD

QRT
Depends.
If you only want to listen to Lancaster county and city of Lincoln then you will need a scanner that will work on an EDACS trunking system. Most modern scanners will.

If you want to listen to NSP you will need a P25 digital scanner. Newer digital scanner will do.

Go to the wiki look at Radio Shack, GRE and Uniden models. There you will find a list of their scanner models and what type of system they work on.

I have Radio 5.0 on my iPhone but now that LFR and LPD are no longer on there I guess I need to buy a scanner. Only one problem I don't know anything about scanners. Any help would be appreciated. Not looking to spend a ton of money

Hey if you get a Uniden XT scanner like this Uniden Bearcat BC346XT Police Scanner Radio

I can program it less then a min and i'm in north Lincoln

oh I can program a Radio Shack one but that can take from 30min to 3hours

Last edited:

jfhtm350

Where do you live? Who do you want to monitor? Certain agencies need certain scanners to monitor them. Some agencies you cannot monitor because they have a certain type of digital system. You probably gonna spend anywhere from 100$ to 400$ new.

Where do you live? Who do you want to monitor? Certain agencies need certain scanners to monitor them. Some agencies you cannot monitor because they have a certain type of digital system. You probably gonna spend anywhere from 100$ to 400$ new.

from what i can tell is lincoln. and looks like LE and Fire and there 800mhz EDACS. so about $150-$200

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.