Help Me Pick a Frequency to Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfergus

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys! BTW, I love gotta say I love these forums. It's so nice to know there are geeks out there just like me! :)

So, I have really been wanting to share a live audio feed for a while now. Finally, I borrowed from my dad the scanner I grew up using- a Realistic PRO-2020 (my primary now is PRO-96). So, it has a single bank of 20 memories, no trunking, nothing special. However, I live in Salem and there are still a lot of options for standard frequencies. I also just have the telescoping metal antenna until I get more funds rolling. But, it does pick up a surprising amount of traffic.

I need help picking a frequency or set of frequencies to stream. Due to fear of conflict of interest, I'll have to avoid any police frequencies. Most of them in this area are covered anyway.

Here are a few of my ideas:
- Oregon Department of Forestry
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Salem McNary Field Tower/Ground

I know you guys will have an idea for me. I want to stream something, but I don't want to put in the effort for something that will never get listened to. (Although I believe I get the premium subscription anyway, right?) These ones just seem boring, at least to me. Maybe there are some fire frequencies somebody knows about that aren't being covered.

Thanks.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Just a suggestion after skimming the live audio offered around Salem...see if you can coordinate with the other feed providers and split stuff up.

We had a similar situation in NC, someone else on the forums spoke up and asked a similar question, and I believe they split police & fire up so the audio was less cluttered in the county they lived in.

Hirschkorn

Would be nice to hear more of what Salem PD/ and the Sheriffs Dept are talking about on calls.Salem tower at the air field is boring. But those are just MY opinions.

lbfergus

Premium Subscriber
Just a suggestion after skimming the live audio offered around Salem...see if you can coordinate with the other feed providers and split stuff up.

We had a similar situation in NC, someone else on the forums spoke up and asked a similar question, and I believe they split police & fire up so the audio was less cluttered in the county they lived in.

Great idea, thanks! I will look at the existing one to see if there is a separation that can take place.

lbfergus

Premium Subscriber
Would be nice to hear more of what Salem PD/ and the Sheriffs Dept are talking about on calls.Salem tower at the air field is boring. But those are just MY opinions.

I agree in that air traffic is boring to me also. But, as I said; I don't really think I should stream any police channels without doing some checking first. Also, Salem PD and Marion County Sheriff's Office already have streams that are up. :)

Last edited:

Hirschkorn

That's true the y do . But there's not a feed for the sub channels , where they do most there talking between cars, and when there looking for people or when the main goes code 9. Its no biggie for me I hear every word from SWAT to the jail. and soon as i get a better computer might just feed them.

I agree in that air traffic is boring to me also. But, as I said; I don't really think I should stream any police channels without doing some checking first. Also, Salem PD and Marion County Sheriff's Office already have streams that are up. :)

lbfergus

Premium Subscriber
That's true the y do . But there's not a feed for the sub channels , where they do most there talking between cars, and when there looking for people or when the main goes code 9. Its no biggie for me I hear every word from SWAT to the jail. and soon as i get a better computer might just feed them.

I hate doing this, since I get so pissed when people do this to me; so apologies in advance :)

In the Terms of Service of providing an audio feed, it says, "Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies."

Agreed, my favorite is listening to the deep dark Tac channels that may not even be listed. Especially Washington County, they do some awesome stuff on their dark channels. But, sigh, they don't want that online. I can understand since now tweakers, crankers, dopers, and burnouts have computers too!

Hirschkorn

I didn't even know about that... Thanks for the info. I understand why they dont want them on line, ok wait how about Keizer,Or maybe a polk county feed..Or is there a more Localized state police or are they not broke up that much?

I hate doing this, since I get so pissed when people do this to me; so apologies in advance :)

In the Terms of Service of providing an audio feed, it says, "Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies."

Agreed, my favorite is listening to the deep dark Tac channels that may not even be listed. Especially Washington County, they do some awesome stuff on their dark channels. But, sigh, they don't want that online. I can understand since now tweakers, crankers, dopers, and burnouts have computers too!

Status
Not open for further replies.