help - Mil Air Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algod

I've pluged in 20 frequencies in the 300 range in my first attempt to scan Mil Air. When I scan that system I stop on the first frequency, and hang on the carrier wave. I must press scan to move to the next frequency where I hang again. I've set a 2 second delay, and played with the squelch, but to no avail. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Al

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I've pluged in 20 frequencies in the 300 range in my first attempt to scan Mil Air. When I scan that system I stop on the first frequency, and hang on the carrier wave. I must press scan to move to the next frequency where I hang again. I've set a 2 second delay, and played with the squelch, but to no avail. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Al

It could be interference from nearby computers or any other type of electrical device. Also it would help to know where you are from, so some of the other MilAir Scannists can help you out with more than 20 Frequencies. You also need to read the MilComm section in the WIKI. It is very helpful with what steps to use when scanning and it is loaded with MilAIr frequencies and other groups to join. In the mean time just lockout the frequencies that are hanging up and your scanner will continue to scan. I hope this helps.

Algod

I don't think it's electrical interference. Whether I'm home, or out and about I just get a hiss on all the Mil Air frequencies. I'm in the ZBW area about 5 miles from Boston.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I don't think it's electrical interference. Whether I'm home, or out and about I just get a hiss on all the Mil Air frequencies. I'm in the ZBW area about 5 miles from Boston.

Slide over to the Maryland Forum and jump in the Sticky Thread for MILAIR III. Those guys are great. They have a wealth of knowledge to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.