Help needed with DSDPlus, SDRSharp & VAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reelfishguy

I have those installed on my laptop with the RTL2832U dongle. I have 2 portable radios--one DMR and one NXDN. My soundcard recording is set to Line 1-VAC, the playback is set to the laptop internal speakers. I do not hear the decoded digital audio in the speakers but I can hear analog audio in the speakers. I cannot see any audio waveform in the DSD screen. I tried to run Zadig.exe but the RTL dongle is not listed as a device although List All Devices is checked. I probably have several problems but would like to get this finally working. Thanks for all the suggestions.

RayAir

Post some screenshots of your audio set up for SDR# and DSD+.

Filter audio is unchecked on SDR#, right?

Reelfishguy

Thanks for the help!! I did make some changes today. I am feeding the laptop with a discriminator output in to the mic in and it does decide both DMR and NXDN. I am hearing in the speakers both the decoded audio and the discriminator audio (which is the raw digital audio). My setup for the sound card is Control Panel>Sound>Playback--Line 1 in (Virtual Audio Cable) set to Default, and Speakers (internal) Ready; Recording--Microphone is set to Default Device and Line 1 (Virtual Audio Device) is set to Default Communications Device. Using a separate receiver certainly made the decoding very stable. I just hear both the discriminator audio and the decoded digital audio at the same time. Just want to hear the decoded audio. Thanks again for the help

slicerwizard

If you're using a discriminator tap, then there is no need for a virtual audio cable, so at this time, I wouldn't suggest installing one - or since you already have, just uninstall it for the time being. You can always reinstall it later.

With no virtual cable present, your onboard sound device should be input device #1 as well as output device #1 - which are also the default devices that DSD+ uses for input and output, so easy peasy, nothing needs to be specified on the DSD+ command line.

If you're still hearing the raw audio through your speakers, there's typically a setting you need to adjust. Here, I have to click on Sound / Playback devices / Speakers / Configure / Speakers Properties; once I'm there, there are mute buttons for Microphone and Line In; when they're muted, raw audio doesn't come through the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.