Help picking a scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thun61

Hi all.. I am interested in buying a scanner to listen to but not sure which one to buy.. Love listening to police channel.. I live near Liverpool NSW.. Would love some info please...

Thun61

Need Help

Hi All.. Need suggestions on buying a scanner. Love listening to police channel. Would not have a clue on which one to get I live near Liverpool NSW.. Thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thun, I merged your existing thread with the new one you created in the Australian forum. Please do not post the same question to multiple forums. This is known as a cross-post and is against the sites rules.

In the future if you want to move your thread to a more appropriate forum, click on the triangle in the top right of your initial post and ask that a moderator move it.

Thanks.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
Hi All.. Need suggestions on buying a scanner. Love listening to police channel. Would not have a clue on which one to get I live near Liverpool NSW.. Thank you.
The New South Wales Police use APCO P25, which means you would need a digital scanner, such as a Uniden UBCD396XT.

Unfortunately, I believe they also use encryption, which means they can't be monitored.

--
Comint

Last edited:

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
The NSW Police Force uses APCO-25 w/encryption (DES-OFB with OTAR) in the Sydney and Greater Sydney Areas. The only analog channel available for listening in Sydney and other nearby areas is the analog liaison channel which can also be heard on the NSWGRN Talkgroup ESO10.

Status
Not open for further replies.