Help please new PSR 600 trying to download to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got my scanner (PSR 600) trying to program it ...i opened the box and downloaded the USB drivers with the CD ... its com 4 on my computer...
i have the software port set on 4 also... when i click on upload to radio from my software --> (communications Error pops up) it says Send Initalize Timeout! please make sure USB cable is connected and try again...
can someone tell me what more i need to do??? Using software PSREidt500.. also running windows Vista..
Thank you guys!
Trisha

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Trisha,

I duplicated your problem by plugging cable into the earphone Jack. PC/IF is upper Jack.

n2mdk

One thing to check, with the cable not plugged in check the Ports (COM & LPT) setting in device manage see if anything is listed, then plug the cable in and check the COM ports again.

N8IAA

trisha_barrett2002 said:
i just got my scanner (PSR 600) trying to program it ...i opened the box and downloaded the USB drivers with the CD ... its com 4 on my computer...
i have the software port set on 4 also... when i click on upload to radio from my software --> (communications Error pops up) it says Send Initalize Timeout! please make sure USB cable is connected and try again...
can someone tell me what more i need to do??? Using software PSREidt500.. also running windows Vista..
Thank you guys!
Trisha

Have you tried downloading the scanner to the software? Then saving what is in the scanner. Click on save as, title it, then open up the program you want to send to the scanner. Make sure the scanner is on, check to make sure that the 1/8" connector is mono, not stereo, (at least this is the case with the RS cable). Plug into the PC/IF port, and click on upload to scanner. Also, under configurations, you may need to check the longer write option.
Larry

the USB cable end that plugs into the scanner does not click in...
its VERY loose in the scanner

when i unplug the USB cable from the computer there is no com ports..
when its pluged in its com4
also com 4 on my software

raisindot

trisha_barrett2002 said:

The ports won't appear unless the cable is plugged in. Plugging in the cable "activates" the virtual COM4 in Windows.

You may want to try first plugging in the USB end of the cable (without the PSR500 attached), then plug the other end of the cable into the PSR500 (with the PSR500 turned off), then turn the PSR500 on and wait until it goes until scan mode before trying to upload/download.

If none of this works, it may either be 1) a bad cable (or cable end), 2) A Windows Vista problem; 3) something wrong with the PSR500 PCIF connection.

Suzie

bill44

good luck

i have been trying for a mouth to get help ,if your a computer expert no problelm,if you dont know computer like me your out of luck
bill

still needing Help :(

try downloading the USB drivers on a friends computer using Windows XP..
and its sayin the same thing as mine :( :(

How do i know that all the Drivers where download from the CD that the scanner came with ??

computer says com port 4
my software also set on com port 4
does this mean all drivers where downloaded?

well i am not sure?
i put in the CD that came with the scanner clicked USB cable Driver then clicked WINVISTA
then clicked CDM 2.02.04 but nothing happens when i click that..

what more do i need to do ??

THANK YOU!

mikey60

trisha_barrett2002 said:

This is a key quote here. The connector should not be particularily loose in the connector. If you take a headset and plug it into the headphone jack, and then into the PC/IF port, are they about the same tightness?

Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Only one driver is required for each cable and it loads from folders as follows:
Factory CD
then any of the operating system folders (98, 2000, 2003, XP or Vista) depending on your OS.

In your case, your pc took it from Vista which found Com4
In your friends case, it found the correct driver in the XP folder and apparently assigned Com4 also.

I have two cables on my desktop XP and one is set at Com8 with the second at Com10.
My Laptop with XP found Com4 available for one cable hookup.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am not sure that I want to even get in to this but did you read the Manuel It states that if using Vista that you need to connect the cable to you PC plug it in to your scanner when your computer start's to install the driver click cancel go to your disk and install the vista driver from the disk this is very impotent as I myself had a lot of problems with there simple instructions, now if you have installed a driver for your PSR-600 uninstall it, read the PDF file that came with the disk I myself had to do this a few times before I got it right READ!!!!!.............

Status
Not open for further replies.