Help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger85

hello i got a motorola Ht1250 ls radio and i dont no how to reset it or use scan i pick it up from a yard sell and i really dont no how to use it but all i really want is to use the scan i have been reading on it but when i try to use the scan butten it dont do nothing soo i think its lock mabe???i dont really no but if u can tell me how to reset it that would be great thanks

Tiger85

lol soo i cant use it lol i just wana ride around a talk to people lol but i cant seem to get no one i thought i could just scan the cha untill i got some one talking

Pimpala03

You should probably check with your local law enforcement agency. These are not CBs. It might be stolen from a public safety agency. How much did you pay for it?

Tiger85

i think it was like 50.00 lol i no its not a cb i thought it was just a walkie talkie and i could pick up people going down the iintersate are they that bad???? im lost lol

Pimpala03

Chances are it's programmed for a public safety agency or a ham radio operator. It's possible it could be for a private business. Either way, it could be illegal you to talk on your new toy.

Tiger85

Wow i didnt no that and why do u say that and who would i be talking to lol and why cant i just reset it??

n2mdk

Basically you bought something that is going to be useless to you. Did it even come with the battery charger? You also need to know if it's for VHF or UHF things like that. as I said it useless for you at least.

Tiger85

well it has a charger and how do i check if it has vhf or uhf and im guesing theres no reset

Tiger85

Lol yall are loseing me what should i do with this lol i very new to this and now im a lil nerves about this thing and i dont no what to do with this now should i throw it away or what cant i just scan on it and it has only 6 ch and its softwere is ver R05.11.05 and i dont no how to use it like when i go to scan it want do nothing it beeps a low beep back and it want let me lol should i throw it away help me lol

n2mdk

Until you learn more simply use it as a paperweight or desk decoration. You might find a use for it eventually, especially if you get an Amateur Radio license. Your going to have to do research and learn more about radios. As long as it's not stolen property you might even sell it to someone who can use it.

Tiger85

well how can i check if it is stolen and i wen to the fcc websit but i dont no were to put the number in at the check it can u help??

Tiger85

ok got the fcc number can u plase send me the link im on the website but i c no were to put it in at

Tiger85

Lol there are 7 things that poped up and it says it has a Class II Permissive Change what ever that means lol soo im guessing throw this thing away and pluse i cant do nothing on it i belive it locked and cuz alot of the settings i cant get into and it only has 6 ch and i cant get into the zone thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.