Help Programming Digital TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

but me myself im still not up to the digital systems and even though i own a digital scanner im still not to happy about the encryption.because i just think the direction their headed-in is to stop people from monitoring scanners altogether.and i have the 800mhz digital trunking freqencies,but don't know how to make them trunk in the digital mode. i understand how to make 800mhz trunk in analog mode,but not in digital. in the digital pro-197 scanner it said's put in the control frequencies and it worked.but in digital 800mhz its a control frequencie and alternate control frequencies and thats where im confuse im willing to pay someone to help me out with it though.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin, if you can make it to the TSYS edit menu (to add the frequencies), just input all the frequencies for that site (from our database). That way when they switch to alternate control channels all the possible frequencies are in the memory and you shouldn't skip a beat.

As far as programming is concerned the digital systems are programmed exactly as the analog ones are in the Pro-197 (except that the trunking type is set to P25 Auto in most cases- rather than all the analog choices).

We can help you program and you shouldn't have to pay anyone. In fact, Ensnared (who lives near Waco) can probably offer some good assistance. Try starting a new thread in the Texas forum explaining your problem and we can pick up the conversation there.

yungchin

new waco digital frequencies

well here are the new 800mhz digital frequencies for waco tx [mclennan co] they are: 855.21250 -856.21250-857.21250-857.26250-858.21250-859.21250. okay radio reference is saying: 857.21250A -857.26250A-858.21250A-859-21250C. otherwords its 3 alternate control frequencies and 1 control frequencie. but you are saying make it to tsys and add the new digital 800mhz frequencies to the analog 800mhz frequencies that im already trunking in analog? well im gonna try that and see what happens!

yungchin

again this is yungchin! now whenever you program trunking 800mhz frequencies you have to put the talk group i.d. number of the talk group. so how thats gonna work adding the new digital 800mhz frequencies? just add the new digital frequencies to the analog tsys 800mhz trunking frequencies that i have program already and wait for their talk group i.d. number to pop-up?

yungchin

see i have the new digital frequencies program in my digital scanner,but i don't want to hear the trash truck,city bus, water company and all that junk.i want to learn how to program the new digital 800mhz frequencies to trunk where i can lock-out the trash truck,city bus,water company etc. to make a long story short,i just want to here law enforcement,fire dept, ems. in the new digital 800mhz frequencies.right now i hear law enforcement fire, ems with the new digital 800mhz frequencies,but the trash truck,water plant,city bus etc are on there too. i want that trash truck ,city bus junk etc out of my new 800mhz frequencies. thats what trunking is hearing what you want to hear on the scanner.

yungchin

see i put the new 800mhz digital frequencies in my scanner,but they not in the trunking mode.then i put the new 800mhz frequencies in tsys like you told me a few minutes ago and the new digital 800mhz frequencies are not trunking or doing anything.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin,

Put the digi frequencies in to the scanner in their own separate TSYS (the programming steos are exactly the same is what I meant, only the mode should be set to :p25 Auto: in this case).

Either add the talkgroups (by the decimal number) as new tgrps in that system, or leave a "Wildcard" open (that's the default new tgrp id, or you can type it). This copies every talkgroup that is passe don the system. "Store" it with the F3 soft key. Then if you don't want to listen to it (b/c it's trash, public works, etc.) hit "Func" "L/Out" and it permanently mutes it.

If we need to continue this discussion, please start your own thread in the Texas Forum as we have gotten way off topic for this thread.

yungchin

i tell you what! my phone# is 254-759-8485 and my cell phone# 254-412-9102. and i may be able to explain it to you alot better about these new digital 800mhz frequencies. and the problems im having trying to make them trunk.

yungchin

okay texasemt13 i tried to do what you said about putting the new digital 800mhz frequencies in their separate spot but did not get anywhere with that however! you were saying put it in p25 mode and so thats where i think my problem is right there not knowing how to put the new frequencies that are digital in p25 mode.

yungchin

im fixing clear those new digital frequencies out of my analog 800mhz trunking freqencies because those new digital frequencies not doing anything

yungchin

i understand that the topic was first about dps in 800mhz freqencies! but since this is radio reference i thought i would also bring it up about not being able to program my scanner in the new 800mhz frequencies.and im kind of dumb about this starting my thread in the tx forum i really have no earthly idea about what you talking about. but thanks for letting me know,but i have no kind of clue about tx forum etc.

yungchin

dear texassemt13 i can only go so far on this computer and can only go so far programing that scanner and i was lucky enough to get this far in sending messages to other scanner monitors.and i offered to pay a person to help me with and gave out my phone number. but i never fault a person for what they don't honestly know.

yungchin

dear texasemt13 is this the thread part of where im at right now? i clicked thread forum and it lead me hear which look like this where i been all along.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Yungchin, we don't always get to respond as quickly as you would like, but let me try to help.

Hit PGM
Select NEW
Select TGRP
Choose what bank you want it to scan in
Then scroll over on the TSYS line and choose NEW and hit OK.
The system should get a name like "txwarn" and under frequencies, enter the control and alternate control frequencies for the digital system there.
It should be set to P25 AUTO.
Save your changes. Then save your wild card talkgroup you just created.
Now scan the bank you set the new system to scan in.

You can store the talkgroups you want to hear and eventually edit them with their names. For "junk" talkgroups you don't want to hear, press FUNC and L/O.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin,

In internet forum parlance we would say you "hijacked" this thread (or this conversation, titled "DPS 800mhz"). I'm asking you to please start your own thread/conversation in the Texas Forum (one page back, where all the Texas conversations are). If you click back to the Texas Forum you will notice a blue button above the list of threads titled "Post New Thread" (or something similar). This will allow you to start your own topic of conversation (and your first one should be about programming the TxWARN Waco site in your Pro-197).

If a moderator reads this they might split this off in to its own thread, but it'd be a good teaching tool if you would go start one yourself and I'd be glad to help you over there, in the meantime, this conversation should not continue in this thread.

Another place to look is the manual- see programming trunking systems.

Honestly, if I ever had my damn scanner in my hand (instead of in my truck), I'd walk you through it key by key.

yungchin, I'll make you a deal. If you figure out how to start your own thread about this quandry in the Texas forum, I'll bring my scanner inside (when I get home later tonight), and I will type out key by key how to program that system in. Tit for tat.

yungchin

rattlerbb01! i know how to do part of what you explained to me because i have the scanner trunking in 800mhz for waco police in analog. but everytime i tried to find a empty bank for the new digital 800mhz the 800mhz analog frequencies for waco P.D. would keep poping-up no matter what bank i go too. but im gonna try it again like you explained it too me. im thinking about clearing-out the whole scanner and doing it all over again and see what happens. but where im throwed off at i think is putting the scanner in the p25 mode once i learn that i think i'll be alright. i reall thank you for your help alot.

yungchin

texas thread forum

well texasemt13! well unless im over looking it,i don't see no blue button above the list of threads

yungchin

programing pro-197

okay rattlerbb01! i know about hit pgm and select new and seclect tgrp,but when it gets to the part about choose what bank i want to scan in that is where im throwed-off right there. because i don't see nothing to tell me about choose what bank i want to scan in.

yungchin

programing pro-197

okay rattlerbb01! i hit pgm, i selected new and selected tgrp and i figure-out what bank i want to scan in.but the new and select ok did not pop up.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin I'm home and ready to fulfill my end of the deal, but you'll have to play along a figure out how to start a new thread. If you're reading this, it's two steps away. Click the back arrow (left arrow) in the top left hand side of your internet program. You will then be in the Texas Radio Discussion Forum. Above this thread titled "DPS 800mhz" about 5-6 inches is a blue button on the left hand side of the screen (above the 2 Announcement threads) titled "New Thread." Click that button and type away. Once I see your new thread, I'll walk out to my car...

Status
Not open for further replies.