Help programming Hanover County into a 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I've tried to program Hanover County in as both P25 and Motorola and had no luck and no signal using either method. It SHOULD be a P25 system. If someone could walk me through manually programming Hanover, I would really appreciate it. Maybe I screwed a setting up by accident but I'm about to start pulling what little hair I have left out.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. I guess I should've been a little more specific. I don't have a computer and my iPhone won't download the file. Maybe someone will be patient with me and write it out step-by-step. Sorry.

teufler

you have a tough road ahead. Perhaps a friend has a computer that you could download and install with. Manually loading Hanover County is going to be a lengthy deal. It will only take about 5-10 minutes to download and install the file. It will take hours to install by hand.

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
Tell me about it! I've done STARS (something like 32 control channels) by hand on a PRO-106 before and it took an hour or so. My thumbs were tired when I was done. I've never needed a computer before. I've just considered the slow pace a necessary evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herodog

Trying to program hanover in a 396xt

Tell me about it! I've done SARS (something like 32 control channels) by hand on a PRO-106 before and it took an hour or so. My thumbswere tired when I was done. I've never needed a computer before. I've just considered the slow pace a necessary evil.

Jim if you do pro gram hanover in you scanner and if you are trying to listen to king william depending if you live in the manquin Area or aylett you are not going to recive them even if you put up a outside antenna makes no differance what scanner you have untill king william comes off the money and build some towers down here the scanners will not work proper now if you live on the hanover king william line your can hear then the radios work down here but scanners will not with out a tower but I can tell you how to program the scanner by hand but its to much to type at this time if you by a tidewater paper this weak it will explain more if you want that scanner programed go to radio shack in king william drug store they no some one that can help you program that scanner hope this helps

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
Given how cheap our lovely Board of Supervisors is, we could be waiting a looooong time. I heard they were considering working off the state police antenna site. If that's true, that does no one in the Aylett area any good. If I were putting in sites, I would use the VSP site, the VDOT depot, and the ECOM antenna behind the library. Common sense (and money) are in short supply so we'll just have to wait and see. The LSM that Hanover uses doesn't exactly make things easy, either.

Herodog

Trying to program hanover in a 396xt

Yo are so right and yes they are going to use the vsp tower near west point they are also talking about building a tower at the courthouse but the tower at eest point wont work even if they hookit up I tell you why if they dont build a tower at the vourt house the onr on the state poice tower is useless be cause the only way king william is useing hanovers system now at the court house is by a phone link to hanovers main radio radio tower stations located in elmont it dun by phone line tap dont let the county fool you they have poor reception all over king william I no be case I can hear king william I had to build a homemade antennena and useing a 50 db anrenna boooster to hear them that 396 xt is a hard scanner to program with out a cumputer but I dont have a computer my self I have did 3 by hand it took like 4 hours lol the only good part about bearcat they block out ecrulytion were the radio shack will not but I have.to say.i.am a radioshack all the way lover but if you need some help with that scanner I be wiling to give yoi ahand with it hope you gey it straight o and I have lot more king william talkgroups I have not realsed yet take care

crazyjim30

Premium Subscriber
I'd be interested in taking a look at your antenna design sometime.

CPerk

Jim if you do pro gram hanover in you scanner and if you are trying to listen to king william depending if you live in the manquin Area or aylett you are not going to recive them even if you put up a outside antenna makes no differance what scanner you have untill king william comes off the money and build some towers down here the scanners will not work proper now if you live on the hanover king william line your can hear then the radios work down here but scanners will not with out a tower but I can tell you how to program the scanner by hand but its to much to type at this time if you by a tidewater paper this weak it will explain more if you want that scanner programed go to radio shack in king william drug store they no some one that can help you program that scanner hope this helps

Your exactly right , I live near Aylett area right near 611 n 608 and can't hear worth ya know what . They need to close gap for us to hear right and I'm using pro 106 and every once a while I decode 68% on control channel then drops at 28% and at my work doswell everything is too clear because of course there a tower there but when will king William considerable to work northeastern part of county with that new cell tower or what ever can't they add something to that? That tower near West Point n courthouse is not going help me at all I bet ya 100% . What are all the plans or in detail will they do me when?

Status
Not open for further replies.