HELP! Programming Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon1

Hello,
I just purchased my first scanner. When trying to program it, I learned all about trunking. I live in Volusia County, Florida. The numbers are here: Scanner Frequencies: Volusia County Public Safety Trunking System, Volusia County, Florida. My county uses the EDACS system. When I attempt to classify a bank as EDACS, it asks for several things... The EDACS TGID, and the ED...??? What are these numbers? Once I fill in this information, what else will I need to do? Do I need to input a frequency into each chanel for that bank, if so, what are the frequinces? HELP PLEASE! IM A BEGINNER!

Note:

Now Volusia county has 2 systems, System A system B.
System A:
NSB
Edgewater
RCC Fire 3 (Edgewater, NSB, S. Dayonta, Port orange Ponce Inlet)
Deland
Detona
Lake Helen
Orange City
Ormond Beach

System B:
Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach shores
Daytona Beach Inlet
Holly Hill
Port Orange
South Daytona

Both:
All county fire (Fire 1 & Fire 2)
All sheriff office (Dist. 2,3,4,5 and 6)
Ponce Inlet

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Pro 164 Ediac Programming

Have you gotten any assistance yet? If not, I will try to help.

1. There are three (3) systems in you area, and each must be in a different Bank. For example use bank "0" for the Daytona Beach site (020 (14)), Bank #1 for Site 1, and Bank #2 for Site 2.

2. Let's start with Bank #0 for the Daytona Beach system. Press the "MAN" button, then enter "001" and press "MAN" button again. In the top left-hand corner of the display you should see "M001", which shows you are in Bank #0 and channel "01". In the EDACS system, you have to put the "frequencies" in the correct order. You only have to put in two (2) frequencies for this system, the RED (control channel) and the Blue (a backup control frequency) frequencies in the Pro 164.

3. Press the "PGM" button. Now you should see "P001" in the top left-hand corner of the display.

4. Using the keypad enter the frequency "856.7125" and press the "ENT" button.

5. Press the "MODE" button until you see "ED" between the "P001" and the frequency "856.71250". This is what informs the scanner of what type of system you are trying to scan.

6. Press the "up arrow" button and you shold see "P002". Repeat step 4 and 5 using the frequency "857.2125", making sure the "ED" appears between the "P002" and the frequency. Then press the "MAN" button to come out of programming mode.

Now you have the two (2) frequencies for the system programmed into Bank 0 and channels 001 and 002. Now you have to setup the bank for "trunking" the EDACS system. Your scanner should still be in "MANUAL" mode (M001 or M002) showing in the top left-hand corner of the display.

7. Press the "F" (function) button, then the "T" (trunking) button. You might see "ID Bank 0 Trunking Mode Not Selected, Press Mode key.

8. Press the "MODE" key until you see "ID Bank 0-0, EDACS TGID#00" in the display.

9. Then press the "SCAN" button. You should start to see "Talkgroup ID's" popping up in the window similar to what you seen listed in the RadioReference database for this system.

The only difference in setting up this system and "System 01 and System 02" is the "channel numbers" used. In "System 01" you use channels M101, M102, and M103 (M showing manual mode, then channels in Bank #1). However in "System 02) you use channels M101, M102, and M108 (M showing manual mode, then channels in Bank #1). This is very important in EDACS and LTR systems. You MUST have the frequencies used in the proper channel for the Pro-164.

Let me know if you need further assistance. This is the best I can do. Hlpe it helps!

Astrak

Have you gotten any assistance yet? If not, I will try to help.

2. Let's start with Bank #0 for the Daytona Beach system. Press the "MAN" button, then enter "001" and press "MAN" button again. In the top left-hand corner of the display you should see "M001", which shows you are in Bank #0 and channel "01". In the EDACS system, you have to put the "frequencies" in the correct order. You only have to put in two (2) frequencies for this system, the RED (control channel) and the Blue (a backup control frequency) frequencies in the Pro 164.

Err not quite, you need to enter all the frequencies in, not just the red and blue for EDACS systems. ie for system 001 you need to enter frequencies 1-14 in channels 1-14 in the order listed on the page.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Jon 1, My mistake! Just used to MOT systems I guess! Thanks Astrak

Status
Not open for further replies.