BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Help programming TGID

Luis650

Premium Subscriber
Hi all I'm fairly new to scanning I'm able to get down non trunked systems but trunked systems are where I need help at. I'm located in the Bay area Santa Clara County and I'm trying to get talk group IDs to work but can't seem to do so. I'm using a BCD996P2 and using ProScan to program this is what I have but doesn't seem to hear anything on the scanner. I uploaded a picture to see if I'm on the right track thanks!

Attachments

• TGID.JPG
    TGID.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 34

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
you are on the right path. now you have two sites entered select one of them to enter some talk groups. the talk groups are entered at the site lever under groups.

reading the user manual helps alot.

Luis650

Premium Subscriber
you are on the right path. now you have two sites entered select one of them to enter some talk groups. the talk groups are entered at the site lever under groups.

reading the user manual helps alot.
Thanks yeah I entered the talk group already seen in the pic or did I not do it right

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
do i have to set it on the radio as well?
If you make changes in software, you need to send the updated program to the scanner for it to take effect. OR just program it directly in the radio.

Remember to keep the programming consistent between the PC and the radio.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
In looking at your programming, I don't see any obvious issues with the programming. You have created a P25 system for SVRCS and have added one site (West Simulcast) and 4 TalkGroups. I would suggest leaving ID Search enabled (as you have it) until you start receiving traffic. What do you see on the display when you hold on the control channel?

I presume that you are located within the coverage area of the West Simulcast site?
1711913201403.png

I am concerned that you may be suffering from simulcast distortion. Maybe someone local will chime in with experience with the 996p2 on SVRCS.

Reactions: wtp

Luis650

Premium Subscriber
In looking at your programming, I don't see any obvious issues with the programming. You have created a P25 system for SVRCS and have added one site (West Simulcast) and 4 TalkGroups. I would suggest leaving ID Search enabled (as you have it) until you start receiving traffic. What do you see on the display when you hold on the control channel?

I presume that you are located within the coverage area of the West Simulcast site?
View attachment 159298

I am concerned that you may be suffering from simulcast distortion. Maybe someone local will chime in with experience with the 996p2 on SVRCS.
Do you have to be within the red zone for it to work? I live maybe a mile from the red is that how it works

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Do you have to be within the red zone for it to work? I live maybe a mile from the red is that how it works
The red circle is the approximate coverage area for the entire system. I doubt one mile will mean you won’t be able to receive unless there is some tall obstruction in the area (skyscrapers, mountain).

Luis650

Premium Subscriber
Actually it seems to only work if you are within the area is there a way to make it work if you are not within the area ?

donc13

Premium Subscriber
No, if your antenna /radio receiver can't "hear" a system, nothing no program will change that.

Remember, this is a radio, if you are out of range, it can't receive.

Internet programs like Broadcastify let you listen to remote systems, but only if someone local to that system is passing the audio to Broadcastify.

Luis650

Premium Subscriber
No, if your antenna /radio receiver can't "hear" a system, nothing no program will change that.

Remember, this is a radio, if you are out of range, it can't receive.

Internet programs like Broadcastify let you listen to remote systems, but only if someone local to that system is passing the audio to Broadcastify.
Makes total sense thank you!