Help reloading Pro 106 V-Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_p_bowen

I bought a used Radio Shack Pro 106 from eBay, it is in great shape and it seems to function like new.
The only problem is with the pre-programmed V-Scanner frequencies and its settings. When I try to load one from the V-Scan memory to the main memory it says there's an error and there are no frequencies saved in the main memory. I think the past owner might of messed up V-Scanner settings, is there a website where I can down load the pre-programmed frequencies to save them on to my scanner again?
Thanks for your help
-John

RIG

Do you have the computer cable and software to load the frequencies or doing it manually? If manually it can be done but with the computer it's way easier and much less frustrating. I think the 106 is an excellent scanner.

Rob

RIG

Have you established on your device manager what com port your usb connection is? I'm new to all this and bought the ARC500 software. Next I made a folder to put it in and just loaded many different frequencies without using v folders.I have it all in one folder. I'm sure I'm not as organized as others here are yet but get to listen to dozens of departments and systems near me. Bottom line is load the things near you and interest you rather than to use what's pre loaded. It just might be where you live you just can't receive those agencies.
These radios do very well and surprise me sometimes by the distances received.

Rob

Highpockets

Thanks for the advise, but I would like the frequencies that where originally on the scanner

I know you want the original freq's that were on the scanner (v-folders), but, not to bust you bubble, some of the material in the v-folders is most likely outdated and you'd get more out of it doing it yourself and from a source that is updated daily. With rebanding and departments changing systems and freq's you'll have a better chance of hearing much more.

Just a thought! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.