Help request in Petersburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I am trying to find out the info to monitor TITAN TRANSPORTATION, license: WQSF540. It’s showing a DMR Two Slot. I only have a Tytera (TYT) MDUV380. I have no scanners or anything else (I do not have anyone who can assist in this task either). I’m a railfan and this Titan Transportation was my sole reason for getting the UV380. Please and thanks.

W4UVV

I am trying to find out the info to monitor TITAN TRANSPORTATION, license: WQSF540. It’s showing a DMR Two Slot. I only have a Tytera (TYT) MDUV380. I have no scanners or anything else (I do not have anyone who can assist in this task either). I’m a railfan and this Titan Transportation was my sole reason for getting the UV380. Please and thanks.
--------------------
TITAN TRANSPORTATION is the relatively new name for the auto/train loading/off loading operation on Wagner Road near the Rt. 460 intersection to the east and I believe VA Agri is their neighbor on the west side. They load used cars and off load mainly new cars.

From my frequency database....These frequencies were used at one time in the past:
151.6850 HT Simplex analog PL D-023
151.7750 HT Simplex analog
463.4125 HT Simplex analog B/M PL D-165

-------------------
MOTOTRBO:
These frequencies all are low power CONVENTIONAL DMR .......100% MOTOTRBO no analog selection emissions.
463.4125 MHZ = B/M (Notice it was also used in the past
Program your radio with each frequency being a separate standalone simplex. Possibly some frequencies are dedicated to TS 1 ops. and possibly others TS 2 ops. I doubt they are private. Scan them as seven separate simplex frequencies.
WQSF540
462.2125 MHZ. HT
462.2375 MHZ. HT
462.2875 MHZ. HT
463.4125 MHZ. B/M
467.2125 MHZ. HT
467.2375 MHZ. HT

I know nothing about your radio. I can't help you as how to program it.

John:)
W4UVV

NS9710

DMR has 2 different slots then like 20 or so Color Codes, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable with DMR could help figure this out for me. Thank you for your help.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I would first make sure that they are actually using DMR. Just because that is the only emission on the license doesn't make it so in the real world.

Second, if you confirm they are using DMR simplex, it is unlikely they are using dual-capacity direct mode. There are 16 possible color codes (0-15) so I would take the base/mobile frequency of 463.4125 and program it 16 times (each color code) using timeslot 1, talkgroup 1 and see if you can locate the main channel that way. Most systems like this are set up with a minimum amount of work, so take some stabs in the dark and you may be surprised.

The proper way, of course, is to decode with a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.