Help Uniden BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanrudell

So I have had my uniden bcd436hp for some time but just reasently got back into the hole thing but I have a few questions so I live in the south east corner of frankln county (Columbus) ohio and I am trying to pick up on the columbus fire dispatch and I have everything put into the scanner right as far as I can tell but when I start to lison to the channel I will pick up once in a while the tail end or the middle of a dispatch and I wont hear a tone drop just the automated voice pop up all of a suden in the middle of a dispatch the two antennas I use are radio shack 800 and I dont remember the name of the other but its about a foot tall magnetic and is ment for your car now when I am lisoning once in a while there will be two abreviations that pop up one is LNK and the other is DAT I have no idea how to fix this as far as I know I have my priority scan turned off my also my signal will go from none to 5 bars then back down to zero then too three or some randome amount I apresheate any help I have been trying for a few weeks now to figure it out but I need help thanks Jordan. (DONT MIND THE SPELLING I SUCK AT IT)

kc2kth

You might want to post this in the Ohio scanning section as someone more local might be able to help out.

Also, not to be too critical but besides spelling, punctuation and capitalization also seem to be issues as well! That was a brutal read without either,

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The new Columbus system is simulcast and is very difficult to receive due to multipath distortion. Check the Ohio Forum there are several threads pertaining to this. Your best bet would be a Yagi directional antenna aimed at either the Parsons Ave. tower behind Eldorado/Scioto Downs or the Columbus fleet complex on Groves Rd. This is what I have to use for my feed scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.