help with aviation scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey im wondering if someone will tell me a scanner that can pick up airplanes and/or control towers and possibly digital that i can hook up to a program on my pc. thanks

Stavro35

There are plenty on the market . If you're just looking to pick up air traffic control any of the cheaper Radio shack models will do. My Radio shack Pro97 worked just fine. The voltage converter was a pain in the ____ to use.

HillWalker

Hey im wondering if someone will tell me a scanner that can pick up airplanes and/or control towers and possibly digital that i can hook up to a program on my pc. thanks

Sadly Radioshack scanners aren't available here in Ireland.

If you're after Airband, there's plenty of choice. Almost all Uniden models can pick up Air Band, and are by far the most popular scanner in Ireland (although many of them can't be used with a computer), namely the very popular UBC72xlt and UBC92xlt.

For a computer connection I recommend the AOR AR-8200 if you've got €400 to burn. It can pick up almost EVERYTHING in use in of Ireland or the UK, except the digital TETRA radios of the Gardai and UK Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.