Help with BCT15x Scanner - Lockout Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erwin60

I am new in the new scanning world. I had an older bearcat, but was able to program it, of course that was in the 80's in simpler times.

I have a new Uniden Bearcat BCT15x scanner. I think this one has quiet a few multi programing keys. This drives me a little nuts.

What I want to do now is lockout the groups, such as CB Radio, Racing, Police Sheriff, Public Safety. I only want to scan the groups that were created by the Scancat software. Scancat, created my new groups and seem to look fine. But, when I am scanning, I am also scanning the other groups such as the ones listed above. I know if I can lock those out. I will be in better shape. I don't see where I can do this in the software.

I am using Scancat, because it is the only software I found, that provides the option to record the amount of frequency hits. This is so I can choose certain frequencies, and see how popular they are in certain areas. I have seen that Freescan is very popular here, but does not to my knowledge do what I need. Which is to be able to be able to record the number of frequency hits.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erwin

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I am new in the new scanning world. I had an older bearcat, but was able to program it, of course that was in the 80's in simpler times.

I have a new Uniden Bearcat BCT15x scanner. I think this one has quiet a few multi programing keys. This drives me a little nuts.

What I want to do now is lockout the groups, such as CB Radio, Racing, Police Sheriff, Public Safety. I only want to scan the groups that were created by the Scancat software. Scancat, created my new groups and seem to look fine. But, when I am scanning, I am also scanning the other groups such as the ones listed above. I know if I can lock those out. I will be in better shape. I don't see where I can do this in the software.

Scancrap software is just that - it's a real POS. Manually, you would use FUNC+L/O, L/O (yes you need to do this twice) for each service you want to disable

I am using Scancat, because it is the only software I found, that provides the option to record the amount of frequency hits. This is so I can choose certain frequencies, and see how popular they are in certain areas. I have seen that Freescan is very popular here, but does not to my knowledge do what I need. Which is to be able to be able to record the number of frequency hits.
Erwin

Yes it can. See this article from the FreeScan user guide (which we host in our wiki). Topic 4 covers the logging functions

Freescan Virtual Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

I would bet that ARC-XT and ProScan (2 commercial packages that also support the 15X) can also do this. Alternately you can also use the popular ID Tracker software (also freeware) for this purpose.

Links to all of this can be found here

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Erwin60

Thank you and I will research Mike's suggestions. Well here's my situation. I'm not used to this software programing thing. But, on the other hand, I have been playing with this radio for a week and don't feel I know it very well. I respect all the things it can do. I probably have a radio that does too many things. But, have read it is good at what it does. What I need to do is to have the ability to program 10 - 30 frequencies that I need to scan for a week. Then record the amount of hits on frequencies during that time.

Has anyone had any experience recording frequency hits? Do I have to program the BCT15x a special way for the software take control?

I don't have a problem trying different software, as long as it has positive results. If I changed to a different software package, would I have to somehow reset the radio before installing? I'm feeling pretty flustered at the moment.

Thanks,

Erwin

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As far as ont scanning the service searches, there is likely a setting in Scancat for that (I am not familiar with its operation) but, you can at least press F+L/O, L/O when the scanner is in one of those searches to lockout the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.