Help with BCT5X

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianp918

i just got a bearcat BCT5x and i am looking for the frequesncies for Police, Ems and Fire..

Thank you, I look forward to getting to know more about scanners and stuff alike,

adrianp918

Uniden DCT15x newbie and needs help programming

I revently just was given a new uniden bearcat bct15x and would like to know if coshocton county ohio is able to be heard on this system, i read somewhere that we are on the marcs system and that i may need to get a digital system... can anyone shed any light on this

adrianp918

thank you for the reply, i did get the frequesncies. then i read somewhere else after i did a search in the forum about someone else asking for ohio frequecies and read about the marcs system. so i made the second post about that, from the data sheet i read i got the freq's but now im left confused, can the scanner i have work for what i need it to do?

Redneck0410

thank you for the reply, i did get the frequesncies. then i read somewhere else after i did a search in the forum about someone else asking for ohio frequecies and read about the marcs system. so i made the second post about that, from the data sheet i read i got the freq's but now im left confused, can the scanner i have work for what i need it to do?

For the conventional frequencies, yes. Whether they will work or not, I don't know. The MARCS system is digital. See here: State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications - The RadioReference Wiki
The BCT15X is an analog-only scanner, meaning it will not follow the MARCS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.