Help with control channels for Conway CWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasB3131

I need some help with the Conway CWIN in Faulkner county.

I am trying to hold on the Collins Dr. tower, but every time my scanner stops on that site i always miss half of the conversation. It's like there is a missing control channel or voice channel. I have been using the search feature on my scanner to try and find a frequency that was not listed in the database, but i can't seem to find the one that might be missing.

Any advice?

Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
I need some help with the Conway CWIN in Faulkner county.

I am trying to hold on the Collins Dr. tower, but every time my scanner stops on that site i always miss half of the conversation. It's like there is a missing control channel or voice channel. I have been using the search feature on my scanner to try and find a frequency that was not listed in the database, but i can't seem to find the one that might be missing.

Any advice?

Thanks.
I'm obviously not there but some thoughts....

From what I see, the RRDB shows three frequencies for that site - all marked as potential control channels (normal for what appears to be a Harris system). The license is showing the same 3 frequencies for that site.

Assuming you have all three programmed for that site, chances are the problem you are experiencing is simulcast reception issues.

Another possibility is that a unit is transiently affiliating with the Collins Dr site causing occasional reception but then the talkgroup goes silent on that talkgroup on that site as the unit affiliates with the Clearwell site....

Lots of speculation on my part as possibilities....

ThomasB3131

I do have all three of the Collins Dr. frequencies programmed into the scanner.

I don't know about the simulcast issue, because a unit will transmit and i will have a perfectly steady signal and no audio distortion, but then there is just no response.

Or when a unit transmits and finishes their message the talkgroup will stay active like someone is responding to the last transmission but no audio comes across. So it seems kind of like the control channel is still activated but i am missing one of the voice channels.

troymail

Silent Key
Actually, you can probably scratch the simulcast issue -- with this appearing to be a single tower.

What model radio are you using? And, do you have any conventional channels programmed into the same scanlist, etc? I think there is at least one situation where mixing trunked and conventional in the same list causes issues.

Potentially another thing to check is the squlech setting....

ThomasB3131

I am using a Grecom PSR-800 updraded to the Whistler ws-1080 using the official Whistler upgrade.

I don't have any conventional channels in the same scanlist, just the CWIN.

Correct me if i am wrong, but there is two towers in this system one south and one north of the city.

troymail

Silent Key
Correct me if i am wrong, but there is two towers in this system one south and one north of the city.

Per the license - yes, that appears to be the case... Do you have any other tools to use - another scanner, etc.?

Is it a "normal" talkgroup or something that might be a patch, etc. (if that makes any sense to you)?

ThomasB3131

No i don't have another scanner to compare with.

The talkgroup(s) i am monitoring are FG 1, FG 2, and CFD DISP.

boy7777777777

Do you have the site tables set to auto? I ran into the same problem with an entergy tower. When I changed it to auto it fixed the problem.

ThomasB3131

I'd be interested in seeing your config - can you create an archive (EZ Scan File -> Save Current Configuration to Archive) and post it here (or PM me an we can email)?

Yeah, i'll send you an archive as soon as i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.