• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Help with Conway FD

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
All APX's are TDMA capable. Its all in the set up in the CPS and System Controller as to how they strapped the TGs.

All APX's are TDMA capable. Its all in the set up in the CPS and System Controller as to how they strapped the TGs.
Ok, So as of right now the CWIN is in kind of a transition stage? There are a couple guys I know on the department that said when they updated to this system the only radios that were switched out were the mobile radios, so they were using the 7000's on the old system as well.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
Looks like basically its a matter of doing it piecemeal instead of all in one go. They got HT's for FD, then did not get mobiles set up til the switch etc.... As I stated, the system is in Dynamic Dual Mode until ALL users of the system have TDMA capabilities, and the System Admins flip the switch. Dynamic Dual Mode is pretty much only good for transitioning from FDMA, to TDMA usage as it is not efficient use of the spectrum. When you run TDMA you have double the talk capability of FDMA. So if the system is in use by an FDMA user, it cuts the capability in half until the FDMA is gone.

Looks like basically its a matter of doing it piecemeal instead of all in one go. They got HT's for FD, then did not get mobiles set up til the switch etc.... As I stated, the system is in Dynamic Dual Mode until ALL users of the system have TDMA capabilities, and the System Admins flip the switch. Dynamic Dual Mode is pretty much only good for transitioning from FDMA, to TDMA usage as it is not efficient use of the spectrum. When you run TDMA you have double the talk capability of FDMA. So if the system is in use by an FDMA user, it cuts the capability in half until the FDMA is gone.
Yeah it's weird though that they use Motorola for the FD and all Harris radios for the PD. I also noticed that on 3/22/19 they shut the entire system down for radio maintenance from about 6:00-9:00 pm. They moved all fire department operations to MAC 3 on the AWIN. I don't know if that was part of the update process or a system malfunction.

03msc

Premium Subscriber
CWIN is in DDM until ALL the radios on the system are fully TDMA capable, and the System Admins decide that its time to flip that switch to TDMA only which is far more efficient use of the spectrum.
Yes. So, as I said...P2 isn’t an issue right now.

STROKEHER2ICE

Premium Subscriber
ARPILOT ........I apologize in advance if this has been discussed, I did try searching through the Arkansas AWIN threads and didn't find an answer. I'm using a Pro-96 scanner and the WIN96 programming software to program the scanner. I absolutely can not figure out what happened with Conway FD or UCA PD for that matter. I noticed there is something called Conway Wireless Info Network and I've downloaded it into my Pro96. I get a little static on site001 for Conway Fire like someone is transmitting, but all I get is static. Does anyone have a solution for this? I would really appreciate any help one could provide.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I also have a pro-96 and im using win96, but im having trouble programming it period. Im a newby.....Please help. TIA

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
It could be that your Pro-96 scanner is the problem. Mine was dying when I sold it cheap at a hamfest three years ago. It had gone almost completely deaf on 800 MHz.