Help with GRE PSR-410 and Canadian Band Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hi Guys,

I have looked through all the menus and the manual and cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the band plan to Canada? I did a search here and found something on Flex Steps but how do I enable this? I know how to do this in a Uniden Scanner but cant figure it out for this new 410. Any help would be much appreciated as I love this scanner!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
PROG > FUNC + F3 (Glob) > scroll down to the bottom and change Bandplan: from USA to Canada > F1 (Save)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The option is in the Global Expert menu, not the regular Global menu. FUNC + F3 (Glob) gets you there, as I pointed out in my previous post. Are you still having trouble finding it?

VE3RADIO

The option is in the Global Expert menu, not the regular Global menu. FUNC + F3 (Glob) gets you there, as I pointed out in my previous post. Are you still having trouble finding it?

Thanks I will try tonight when I get home. Makes sense now, I will let you know.

VE3RADIO

I hope your right.. I just got this reply from support: I generally would trust you guys on here before GRE :) Perhaps they cant admit its there.

Hello Matt,

Thank You for contacting GRE.
The PSR-410 is designed and Type accepted for USA market. We have not type
accepted for IC as of yet.
After submitting for IC Compliance and approval, we will have a Firmware
update to support Canadian
Bandplan.

Unfortunately there is no ETA to when the Canadian IC compliance application
would be submitted.
We are currently studying this option.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are you using software to program the scanner? In Win500 the option is on the Extended Settings tab at the top right and is labeled "Allow 5kHz steps 138-174 MHz". In PSREdit310 it's on the General Settings tab under "Use Canadian Band Plan (VHF/UHF)"

That's a rather odd response from GRE. I have the 410 sitting right here next to me, and I checked before posting. The Canadian bandplan option is most certainly in there.

That being said, there was a firmware release 1.1 for the scanner back in January. I don't recall exactly what it changed, but you should definitely update your 410 with it.

http://www.greamerica.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=1026

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

Are you using software to program the scanner? In Win500 the option is on the Extended Settings tab at the top right and is labeled "Allow 5kHz steps 138-174 MHz". In PSREdit310 it's on the General Settings tab under "Use Canadian Band Plan (VHF/UHF)"

That's a rather odd response from GRE. I have the 410 sitting right here next to me, and I checked before posting. The Canadian bandplan option is most certainly in there.

That being said, there was a firmware release 1.1 for the scanner back in January. I don't recall exactly what it changed, but you should definitely update your 410 with it.

PSR-310/410 CPU Firmware U1.1 - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

I updated it last night, I had another weird problem with it.. I turned it on out of the box and after about 10 minutes the LCD light went out... not 100% out but I would say it lost 80% of its brightness.. and it flickered a bit. I played with the settings a bit and it magically came back to 100% and has not been a problem since.. wonder if it was firmware related as I noticed another guy on this site had that problem too. I will download WIN500 as I just have ARC 410 demo at the moment.

Ill check that menu when I get home and let you know.

VE3RADIO

Another response from GRE (just now)

Matt,

I do not see the support on the FUNC + F3 for Canadian Bandplan. We will however start
Working to get Canadian IC going. I am checking with engineers currently to see if Bandplan
Can be supported in future Firmware releases.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I continue to be completely baffled by GRE's responses to you. It's almost as if the person answering your questions has no clue about their own products.

I went ahead and made some screenshots of my 410 using Win500.

The first is a screenshot of the Global Expert menu showing the Canadian option in the Bandplan.

The second is a gif of me running through the steps with the scanner set to USA bandplan.

The third is a gif of me running through the steps with the scanner set to Canadian bandplan.

It's pretty clear that the scanner does, in fact, support 7.5kHz steps when set to USA, and 5kHz when set to Canada. GRE Support needs to get their act together. :roll:

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

I continue to be completely baffled by GRE's responses to you. It's almost as if the person answering your questions has no clue about their own products.

I went ahead and made some screenshots of my 410 using Win500.

The first is a screenshot of the Global Expert menu showing the Canadian option in the Bandplan.

The second is a gif of me running through the steps with the scanner set to USA bandplan.

The third is a gif of me running through the steps with the scanner set to Canadian bandplan.

It's pretty clear that the scanner does, in fact, support 7.5kHz steps when set to USA, and 5kHz when set to Canada. GRE Support needs to get their act together. :roll:

The screenshots are excellent! Thanks, I never doubted your judgement just thought the email from GRE was weird.. Ill let you know tonight how it goes.

VE3RADIO

Another follow-up email from GRE - I guess they read the forums:

Matt,

I retract my response. After further looking into this matter. It appears that this function is available.
Please refer to FUNC >> GLOB.

My apologies, its supported. However the RMA and repair, please continue to deal thru US residence.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.