• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Help with icom ic-2720h in Fort Collins

I recently acuired a icom ic-2720h for cheep. Well it turns out that there was a reason for that. The radio won't power on, I have checked contanuity and it checks out as best I can tell. If there is anyone who can help me out in northern Co.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some two-way radios have a small fuse inside them which might have burned out. If so, the battery may not power the radio while a power supply (plugged into the DC barrell plug on the radio) might power the radio just fine. Hard to so, I hope someone is able to help you out. If there is a service manual online it would be worth checking for a fuse in the schematic.

Some two-way radios have a small fuse inside them which might have burned out. If so, the battery may not power the radio while a power supply (plugged into the DC barrell plug on the radio) might power the radio just fine. Hard to so, I hope someone is able to help you out. If there is a service manual online it would be worth checking for a fuse in the schematic.
I checked the manual and didn't see anything. I am getting continuity from the positive lead to the regulators on the board. I also checked contanuity between the main unit and the head. I have used a different head unit as well with no luck.

Google search for "Icom ic-2720H service" should get you a copy of service manual (w/ schematic)

$.02
That's what I was referring to. I think I actually found the issue. It looks like the 2SK3075 transistor is burnt out. A quick call around and I can't find one locally but have a new one on order.