• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with LPE-200, radio died

Status
Not open for further replies.

GILMOORE

I have an LPE-200 radio that just went dead. No audio, and no display. Stuck on Channel 2. When I shut it off, and turn it back on, it just goes back to the same channel. Can someone please help, or has anybody had this issue before?

Thanks!

JungleJim

your radio has been disabled or "bricked" as some say. The system administrator saw your LID pop up in the CSD and it is probably not a valid LID so they sent a command to your radio which makes it dead. If your radio is an authorized radio, contact the system administrator and they will re-enable it.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Reprogram it and make VERY sure that auto-affiliation is turned off, if that feature is present in the sofware for LPEs (I don't know if it is or not.) But be sure that TX and calls are turned off for every talkgroup you're not authorized to transmit on.

Elroy

GILMOORE

Help for LPE-200

While I am incredibly appreciative for you taking the time to reply to me and give me extremely useful info, I have another request of you if you don't mind. I bought the radio that way not knowing the auto was activated. I am not familiar with the programming side of this model. I do have the program, but I'm not sure how to shut that feature you referred to, off. I can get it into program mode, but after that, I'm stuck. Thank you SO much for your help, as I have no support.

Radio1114

I can vouch for GILMOORE he is a good friend and would help anyone else if they were in his shoes. He is a True scanner Buff. So if there is anyone that can help him please do. He does appreciate it.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Read the radio and then save the personality.

Then open the personality and save it as something else, like "LPE 06APR08" so you know it's the most recent.

Now open that new pers file and click on the "SETS" tab. Next, double click the "Group Sets" selection. When the window pops up, make sure that under the "Group Options" area that the "Transmit" box is not checked on any of the talk groups.

Also, under the "Options" tab, scroll down to the "Power Up Options" selection and double click it. Make sure that "EDACS/EDACS IP Login" is not checked.

Other than this, I'd look at changing the LID.

Last edited:

EDACSTECH

JungleJim said:
your radio has been disabled or "bricked" as some say. The system administrator saw your LID pop up in the CSD and it is probably not a valid LID so they sent a command to your radio which makes it dead. If your radio is an authorized radio, contact the system administrator and they will re-enable it.

When I have diasbaled radios on my system, all buttons / keys are disabled and the radio is not able to be placed into program mode. It first has to be re-activated. If I have overlooked something, please let me know so I may learn something that I though I knew but was wrong.

GILMOORE

Can someone please help with programming my LPE-200? I had been given some instructions on how to reprogram my radio, but I'm not very familiar with the program that I'm using for it. My radio has been disabled lately.

rmiles

Scott posted step-by-step instructions on how to fix the radio. Did you follow them?? If so, what was the outcome? If you're not familiar enough with programming to follow his instructions, then you should not be programming radios.

GILMOORE said:
Can someone please help with programming my LPE-200? I had been given some instructions on how to reprogram my radio, but I'm not very familiar with the program that I'm using for it. My radio has been disabled lately.

GILMOORE

I bought the radio already programmed and I was given the software. I'm not entirely confident so I was looking for some support, that's all. This radio is a new experience, very high-end compared to what I've programmed and modified before...

GILMOORE

The only way I can read the radio is using radio maintenance. It gives me all relevant info but then when I want to save the personality I can't. I don't know if the program is garbage that was given to me. Everything should work together, but doesn't.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
GILMOORE said:
The only way I can read the radio is using radio maintenance. It gives me all relevant info but then when I want to save the personality I can't. I don't know if the program is garbage that was given to me. Everything should work together, but doesn't.

NO! Do not use Radio Maintenance at all - for ANYTHING. Once you start messing around with Radio Maintenance, you'll have to re-align the radio and if you don't have the right tools (service monitor, etc), it'll cost you some bills to get it back to normal.

Only use "ProGrammer" to read/write the radio.

GILMOORE

rescue161 said:
NO! Do not use Radio Maintenance at all - for ANYTHING. Once you start messing around with Radio Maintenance, you'll have to re-align the radio and if you don't have the right tools (service monitor, etc), it'll cost you some bills to get it back to normal.

Only use "ProGrammer" to read/write the radio.
when i use the programmer it never seem to work right i be more then happy to pay some one to program it i payed to much just to have it sit there please let me no scott thank you

GILMOORE

when the radio in program how do read what in the radio nothing seems to work wheni try to read the radio or reprogram it.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
With ProGrammer, one thing you HAVE to do is know exactly what type of radio you're reading. If you don't get that right, the software will report "wrong radio type" so be sure you get it right.

What you CAN do with the Radio Maintenance Tools is to click on the MRK/LPE/Orion etc. tab, and then click on the icon of the blue magnifying glass. This is "get status" and the resulting data displayed will tell you exactly what kind of radio you have.

Of course, to use this feature, you must first place the radio into programming mode
before getting the status.

I would advise using radio maintenance for NOTHING except for getting the status to ID
the correct radio model. Once you've read that info, disconnect the radio from the
cable, remember the radio type, close the radio maintenance tools and forget you've ever
seen it. So as to avoid possibly bricking your radio for good.

Elroy

GILMOORE

I HAVE ALL THE IFORMATION ON THE MAKE OF THE RADIO THE FLASH ID ROM GROUP NUMBER ROM VERSION ROM REVSION ICP GROUP NUMBER ICP VERSION CONTROLLER TYPE NAME I HAVE IT PRINTED OUT THE RADIO TYPE NUMBER IS 99 PRISM HP/LPE-200 THE PROGRAM VERSION BYTE=0x12 i dont no were to start or were to end iam down over this. just had it for 2or3 months that it

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Okay, do you have the programming cable? Can you put the radio into program mode? If you don't have the cable or can't get the radio into program mode, you are out of luck.

GILMOORE

I Have The Program Cable I Have The Rib Cable And I Read The Radio Informaion I Printed A Copy .

Status
Not open for further replies.