Help with my UniTrunker 1.0.0.18 experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

va2thc

Ok here's what I'm trying todo, I baught a BCT15X to try and fallow my local EDACS/ProVoice public security systems, Works fine for analogue, but for the provoice part it wont fallow conversations giving me the discriminator output to decode the provoice with dsd (works great with the bct15x discriminator tap btw). I was hoping UniTrunker would be able todo this with the scanner, controlling the frequency fallowing the voice.

I have my sites & systems setup with all frequencies set for each site are all 100% confirmed (manually by hand)

When i set the receiver as Inline Voice, nothing, sometimes a site window opens. when i change the parked frequency while in running mode the scanner switches to that frequency. so the program does communicate with the scanner and can control it. So i set the parked frequency to the edacs CC, add a signal receiver with the radios discriminator tap and i now have the sites window running, but the scanner does not fallow the voice, it stays on the CC, chase option is tagged, and the selected groups i wish to listen to witch use provoice have "listen" checked in the systems groups

When i set it as Inline Signal, it receives the CC data (need to turn the C-CH option on in the scanner). gives about a 47 health, the discriminator tap gives 95-99, just thought I'd mention this. but still does not fallow voice even when adding a control/voice receiver (witch was just a test 2 on the com port wasn't exepecting it to work)

When i set it to Both Signal, the CC data comes in via the discriminator tap I get the site window, but the does not fallow voice.

When i set it to Both Voice, same impact but changing the parked frequency changes the frequency on the scanner.

When i set separate receivers, a Signal and a Control/Voice receiver, and set the control/voice receiver's parked frequency to the EDACS CC, site window pops up, changing the parked frequency changes the scanner frequency, scanner still does not fallow tagged "listen" groups, no groups are locked out...

any suggestions? plz? I've been playing around with this for a few days now and tried pretty much every combination possible (even com port options witch work fine no mater what even at 115200)

I'm thinking of buying a 2ed analogue scanner to stay parked on the CC channel, but wont spend the money unless I'm certain this BCT15X will fallow the voice. But then again, shouldn't setting the CC frequency as the voice park frequency give the CC data to the signal receiver via the discriminator tap? Shouldn't all this work threw the serial data cable in inline mode?

HELP!

GREAT SOFTWARE KEEP WORKING ON IT!!!

VA2THC

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
but the scanner does not follow the voice, it stays on the CC, chase option is tagged, and the selected groups i wish to listen to which use provoice have "listed" checked in the systems groups
Turn the groups' Listen option off. There's a bug related to this. Use priority threshold to filter calls. Chase option only applies to signal role, not voice.

When i set it to both, the signal for the CC comes in via the discriminator tap, but the does not follow voice
Does the program steer the BCT15X to follow analog voice in this configuration?

Turn CC output OFF since you aren't decoding control channel data from the radio.
Set the radio to either Control or Inline with role of Voice. Don't use "both"; a different program will need access to the discriminator audio.

The program does not normally send ProVoice calls to the radio. You can Override this by checking the ProVoice in receiver options. Assuming analog calls work fine, that's all you need to catch digital ones (assuming you've got DSD handling the discriminator audio from the voice radio).

va2thc

this thread should be deleted i had hit enter and is uncomplete, other complete post is in the forum...

and fyi, no it does not fallow analogue, evean with a signal/control&voice and signal/inline&voice config

SCPD

QRT
i set separate receivers, a Signal and a Control/Voice receiver, and set the control/voice receiver's parked frequency to the EDACS CC, site window pops up, changing the parked frequency changes the scanner frequency, scanner still does not fallow tagged "listen" groups, no groups are locked out...
Uncheck the groups' Listen box. Again, there's a bug related to this.

But then again, shouldn't setting the CC frequency as the voice park frequency give the CC data to the signal receiver via the discriminator tap? Shouldn't all this work through the serial data cable in inline mode?
The program assumes a radio dedicated to the control channel and optional receivers to follow voice. None of the inline receivers provide digital voice through the data cable.

va2thc

ok so i set C-CH off, brought it back down to 9600baud (just incase it programs well at 115200)
deleted all my sites (fresh start), re-entered the frequencies in the new site

set 1 and 100 as priority to some groups of interest, is higher more important or vise versa?
did not set any listen/lockout tags or lables (keeping it to a minimum)

set a first receiver to signal logging and edacs96 sitelock is not checked
set a second receiver to inline/voice and control/voice (one at the time) with provoice checked chase unchecked and the EDACS CC frequency as parked frequency channel sitelock is not checked

with both setups (inline and control) same output as before, stays on the parked channel, decodes the CC data from the discriminator tap, and does not fallow analog or provoice/digital conversations. If i change the parked frequency of the control/inline receiver the scanner still changes to the new parked frequency

P.S. do you have a developping site/community? buglist (a bugzilla or anything)? documentation? need help with docs/testing?

Last edited:

va2thc

ok it works now, kind of feel bad to admit that at first i was probably doomed by the "listen" bug, but this last post should of worked, got to remember to check the LISTEN ENABLE option in the main window

Now if i could get it to stay on the voice channel until the end of the transmission... it switches back to the CC verry quickly...
Hate to admit it but I think I'll be shopping for a 2ed xmas scanner :)

Thanks alot for all the help...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.