Help with OCFA Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Hi guys,

I just picked up a RS (Uniden) Pro-162 (Handheld version of the Pro-160) to add to my shack and I had a question about programming the Orange County trunked system into it. I'm using Butel's ARC-160 and downloaded the system ( Via RR) into the radio. This seems to work ok, but, unlike my Pro-96, the radio will stop for a second during scanning on one of the two County Wide control channels.My talk groups are all of the Fire and EMS. The priority function is not set to on.

Is this a quirk of the radio? Am I not setting something properly? The system doesn't do that on my Pro-96. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to know if I have programmed something incorrectly.

One thing I have noticed when comparing the settings for the OCFA system from Win96 and ARC-160 is that I cannot remove 406.000 (Frequency), 380 offset or the spacing setting in ARC-160. I can remove those settings, but they come right back when I save the file. I noticed that those settings are grayed out in Pro96 for that same trunked system.

Other than that, I'm loving my new Pro-162. It seems to do a better job on 800MHz and aircraft than the Pro-96. It also receives milair, which the 96 really doesn't. Even with "Extended Frequencies" set on in Win96, the sensitivity really isn't great because the radio was never designed for that range.

Please let me know what you think.

Tnx and 73,

-Larry

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Not sure if this helps, but here is my setting... works just fine.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 258

Engine104

Member since 2005
The screen capture helps a lot. Thanks!

My settings are the same, except I don't have all boxes below the tables checked. I'll try that.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
marcotor's screen shot of ARC160 looks fine, except that Statue Bit On/Yes should be unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.