Help with Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I've had the scanner working great for years. Problem is I don't remember what software I originally used.
I played with arc500 pro today and have it all messed up. I wanted to set it up to have 3 county's set up on 3 different banks. I must be getting old!!! This has me confused. Where should I start? Restart to default ? I can't find how to do that.

Remo

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've had the scanner working great for years. Problem is I don't remember what software I originally used.
I played with arc500 pro today and have it all messed up. I wanted to set it up to have 3 county's set up on 3 different banks. I must be getting old!!! This has me confused. Where should I start? Restart to default ? I can't find how to do that.

Remo

If you are asking how to reset your scanner to the factory default settings, the various procedures for doing that are on page 86 of the user's manual.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
You can do a factory reset but you wont have anything. best bet is to download Win500 from Starrsoft.com. Read the radio first, then put in the freqs you want in there, how you want them in there. then upload to the scanner and you're on your way.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I'm lost! I reset everything, and can't get it to do anything Much less what I want. What will it cost me to get someone to setup a file I can upload to the scanner?

Remo

Highpockets

I'm lost! I reset everything, and can't get it to do anything Much less what I want. What will it cost me to get someone to setup a file I can upload to the scanner?

Remo

What county, town do you live in and what do you want to listen to. If your willing to try win500, I'll try to set something up for you.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I have win500 also. I live in Brandon, Ms. I was trying to set up a bank with everything in Rankin county. Then a bank with everything from Hinds Co. Then one with Madison Co.( Police, fire, EOC, and RF and trunk. Is this possible ?

Remo
emh4744@aol.com
601-953-3130

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
It is possible, the Pro 106 has scan lists and does not have banks, the Pro 106 is Object Oriented programming which is a lot better than Bank programming. for example I have the OKWIN which is the 800 mhz trunking in scan lists 1 and 2 Police and Highway patrol in 1 and Fire and EMS in 2 Oklahoma City in 3, Local PD County 4, 5-6 other Counties, Oklahoma State 7,Texas 8, Federal 9, these are non trunked freqs, scan list 10 I have 3 trunk systems Federal prison, Federal Prisoner Transfer, US Army Fort Sill. Scanlist 11 I have 3 trunk systems 2 Edacs and 1 Motorola which is OG&E A.E.P and ONG. Scan list 12 I have 3 LTR Trunk systems. scan list 13 News Media 14 Security and so on for the rest of the scan lists. All of the trunk systems I have Programmed into the scanner are separate systems, With the object oriented programming I can set up any scan list I want. With the conv non trunked freqs they reside in one big list but can set them up on any scan list trunked or non trunked..
Hope this helps.\

Highpockets

I have win500 also. I live in Brandon, Ms. I was trying to set up a bank with everything in Rankin county. Then a bank with everything from Hinds Co. Then one with Madison Co.( Police, fire, EOC, and RF and trunk. Is this possible ?

Remo
emh4744@aol.com
601-953-3130

I don't live there, so, I pretty much guessed on the towers and stuff. Unzip this file into your Win500 directory, open it (mississ.p500) and take a look at it, edit it, add to it, delete, or just try it and see what you get. I'll work with you to try to get it all working. The Zip file is attached to this message. I'm using the latest version of Win500.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I don't live there, so, I pretty much guessed on the towers and stuff. Unzip this file into your Win500 directory, open it (mississ.p500) and take a look at it, edit it, add to it, delete, or just try it and see what you get. I'll work with you to try to get it all working. The Zip file is attached to this message. I'm using the latest version of Win500.
Nice file Steve, you put all of the Bells and Whistles in file also. :D

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Steve ! I'm still missing a lot. Looks like they are in the alpha tags but I'm not picking them up. Like Pearl dispatch. That was one of the busy ones before. Now nothing. Have several like that. Where should I look?

Remo

Highpockets

Thanks Steve ! I'm still missing a lot. Looks like they are in the alpha tags but I'm not picking them up. Like Pearl dispatch. That was one of the busy ones before. Now nothing. Have several like that. Where should I look?

Remo

You got me, I can only go by the database and not living there, it's a guessing game for me. Maybe I don't have the freq's for that site in, you'll have to check it out. I feel good that at least something is coming through, maybe a local will look at the file I made and see if they can spot what is missing. It looks like the Pearl TG's are in the 35617 - 35625 range according to the database. I'll look through the file and see if anything jumps out at me. :D

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Remo
Do you mean Pearl River CO Police dispatch? If so, Steve didn't put Pearl River in the file cause you ask for Hinds, Rankin and Madison counties which are in his P500 file.

Highpockets

Burp, my bad--replace :confused: with :D. Then by golly, your file should work great if Remo is close enough to an active tower of MSWIN.

That's the hard part about helping users that live in a different state then your own, you have no clue, but, it's a fun guessing game. :lol: Maybe not for the user though. :D It usually gets them on the right track.

Remo_Willams

Premium Subscriber
I think I have it. When I looked at the frequencies for the trunk system there was only 3 loaded for rankin. Looked on the list and found around 20. I loaded the 20 and think I'm picking up more chatter.
Should there be more than 3 frequencies loaded?

Remo

Highpockets

I just doubled checked on the Pearls, (looks like 2) Pearl River is on MSWIN and Pearl PD is on Rankin (TG's 880 - 912 - 976) and they are in the file I made for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.