• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Help with Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Sorry to kick start a very old thread but I just stumbled across this and it gives me a glimmer of hope that I may be able to do what I always thought couldn't be done. I have long been interested in being able to scan the P25 systems (living in York county) but couldn't ever get it to work on my PRO-106. There seem to be some knowledgeable folks here who are doing it successfully so I thought I would ask and see if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Im pretty sure the only thing you will be able to hear is York County FD. All the PD channels are encrypted on that system....
I live in Newport News and I don't hear much on that system except for FD.

LeSueurC

Premium Subscriber
Im pretty sure the only thing you will be able to hear is York County FD. All the PD channels are encrypted on that system....
I live in Newport News and I don't hear much on that system except for FD.
I second with GROCKSHD, ALL Law Enforcement is encrypted. The only channel I've ever heard any clear LE comms is on York 911 TG 1242. Other than that ,FD and maybe public works.

Ethan,
I third Garrett's and Chandler's comments. All law enforcement on the entire system is encrypted. This includes York, Gloucester and James City counties as well as the cities of Williamsburg and Poquoson as well as the College of William & Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.