Help with Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4DKN

Hi all. Sorry to kick start a very old thread but I just stumbled across this and it gives me a glimmer of hope that I may be able to do what I always thought couldn't be done. I have long been interested in being able to scan the P25 systems (living in York county) but couldn't ever get it to work on my PRO-106. There seem to be some knowledgeable folks here who are doing it successfully so I thought I would ask and see if anyone could point me in the right direction?

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Im pretty sure the only thing you will be able to hear is York County FD. All the PD channels are encrypted on that system....
I live in Newport News and I don't hear much on that system except for FD.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Im pretty sure the only thing you will be able to hear is York County FD. All the PD channels are encrypted on that system....
I live in Newport News and I don't hear much on that system except for FD.

I second with GROCKSHD, ALL Law Enforcement is encrypted. The only channel I've ever heard any clear LE comms is on York 911 TG 1242. Other than that ,FD and maybe public works.

Delta33

I second with GROCKSHD, ALL Law Enforcement is encrypted. The only channel I've ever heard any clear LE comms is on York 911 TG 1242. Other than that ,FD and maybe public works.
Only if you're in NY. Many states still have LE unencrypted.

kc4jgc

Ethan,
I third Garrett's and Chandler's comments. All law enforcement on the entire system is encrypted. This includes York, Gloucester and James City counties as well as the cities of Williamsburg and Poquoson as well as the College of William & Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.