Help with pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrengineer

I have a pro 106 that has stopped working it will scan and search if squelch is turned up on search no audio at all any one have an idea what's going on thanks

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Try plugging in an external speaker or headphones to rule out the speaker and the jack.
If it is the jack, sometimes plugging in and removing a mating plug will restore the connection in the jack.
I forget if the headphone jack on the 106 has enough umph to drive a standard external speaker but probably enough for a test for audio.
Headphones should work fine if the audio stage in the radio is okay.

Does the radio stop scanning when you open the squelch like it is getting a signal?

PS. Your sentences are all running together as one big sentence. A little punctuation would help understand it.

RogerH11

Try headphones, if headphones don't work then big trouble. If they work, replace the speaker.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Try headphones, if headphones don't work then big trouble. If they work, replace the speaker.
You cant just figure its the speaker, another cause is the driver transistors and associated circuitry as this was a problem with some of the Uniden 396XT's having no audio. Before replacing any speaker do as shown in the video if the speaker can be accessed to rule out if its the speaker or something else. If something else besides the speaker it would be the circuitry that any good tech could find the problem if one is the O.P.'s area. Or of course there is G&G gcomradio.com or Uniden repair that stated they would repair radio shack branded equipment.

RogerH11

I had to buy a new speaker and thank goodness I was able to find the right one other than guestimate how one would work. The speaker was obvious for mine which I love as first scanner ever for me to change the BK display colors. I found my replacement on EBAY fairy cheap but I don't recall how long ago this took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.