Help with programing my SDS-100 for Columbus PD

c_gutta

Premium Subscriber
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct sub-forum for this. Please kindly direct me where I should post this.

I will start off by saying that I am not a complete newbie. I have been into the hobby off and on since I was a kid. My parents had a scanner when I was growing up. As a young adult I even managed some Radio Shacks back in the early 2000s. I was the Radio Shack manager in central OH that other RS managers called when a customer had a scanner question. I had several different scanners back then and did a lot of PC programming of my scanners. I considered myself somewhat of a SME in the hobby back then.

I have been out the hobby for several years and recently purchased a Uniden SDS-100. I am happy with my purchase and now I am ready to dig in a little more in doing my own personal programing of the scanner using the Uniden SW. I even purchased a PC laptop because I couldn't find a way to make the s/w work on a Mac. I have tried many times to to setup a custom database using the Uniden s/w for Columbus PD only but I am not having any luck. I am looking to program just CPD and the different zones so I can select which zone I want to listen to. I was able to do this with my old digital Radio Shack (GRE) scanners so I assume this is still possible. I am at the point that I am willing to pay someone a fee to either teach me some basics or sell me a personal database for me to use. Any ideas where I can obtain such help? Is there a local scanner club of users where I may meet someone? I am willing to learn if someone can point me in the right direction, but the YouTube videos I have found don't show me what I am trying to learn. I know this community is very giving of their knowledge and like I said, I am willing to pay for someone's time to be able to learn what I am trying to learn.

Thanks in advance.

ObetzKid

Premium Subscriber
I have no advice other than to say, Search Youtube on how to program SDS 100 scanners, Good luck and enjoy scanning

c_gutta

Premium Subscriber
I have no advice other than to say, Search Youtube on how to program SDS 100 scanners, And download sentinel and just play around with it..Good luck and enjoy scanning
Per my original post, I have searched and tried to learn myself but no success. That is why I am looking here for someone that is wanting to be paid for a little bit of help.

W8WCA

I am not very good at it (Programing SDS's) but I can copy my 'database & favorite list' and delete all but CPD then make copies of CPD for each zone making Favorite Lists for each zone and send it to you. (setting avoid for other zones)

(It would be done with Sentinel) I just have a SDS200 but as I recall they are interchangeable

(Maybe someone can help with that - If I am right or wrong)

I am sure there is some better way but This SDS programing is all a bit above my pay grade!

Nasby

I sent you a private message about an individual in your area who can assist.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
I never could figure out some of the newer ways to turn on and off lists. When I'd think I'd get it figured out I would bork it up somehow. It was easiest for me to use the software, copy the information I wanted to a favorite list and then prune that down to make what I wanted. Then all I do is call up the menu and turn on or off different favorite lists. Very much like this Creating a favorite list in Sentinel

Once you get used to that, you can learn how to customize it so you could create a FL for CPD, having each zone set up with the talkgroups used in the zone. Then you could even add other talkgroups you might want to monitor common to all those zones, like Data, Comm Channel, Police-Fire, Intercity, Tac, Pursuit.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I think I understand what you are trying to do. I presume that you are talking about the MARCS-IP system. Have you tried assigning Department Quick Keys to anything? Is the fact that you are getting all of the sites in the state the problem? Can you be a little more specific about the problem you are having?
(I'm not in Ohio, but I've got some experience programming statewide systems in order to listen to a particular area and will help if I can.)