Help with programing SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke57

I have the updates to the SDS as per instructions but when I write to scanner the new freq. are not being added that show in the data base tried several times but no luck.Data base shows new freq. for Sheriffs dept. in Kay county Ok. any ideas as to what I my be doing wrong?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the updates to the SDS as per instructions but when I write to scanner the new freq. are not being added that show in the data base tried several times but no luck.Data base shows new freq. for Sheriffs dept. in Kay county Ok. any ideas as to what I my be doing wrong?
Need a little clarification on your issue.

Your county, Kay, has a new frequency for the Sheriff's Dept. You've updated the database in Sentinel, and also written that to the scanner. Am I correct so far?

If you are expecting the database update to also update frequencies, channels, TGIDs in a Favorites list, that is not going to occur. Do your update to the database. If you were scanning using your location and the main database, the scanner should then, instead, use the new frequency. However, if you are using a Favorites list, not the main database, then you need to manually update changes in your Favorites List(s), then write the updated Favorites to the scanner.

Uniden's Sentinel does not apply changes in the database to Favorites lists, because many users, including myself, modify text tags or other settings on a frequency or talkgroup. If a database update overwrote that, then we'd have to go back and manually reset them every time. Instead, I simply monitor the counties and systems that are of interest to me, to see when they are flagged as updated (green for an update in the last 24 hours, or a yellowish if updated more than one day ago, but not more than seven days. Many times, the update, especially on a large regional system, such as TxWARN in my state, or OKWIN in your state (which currently does not extend to your county) does not affect my area, or is a simple correction or change that does not affect my Favorites programming. I review the changes, and make the needed changes, if any, to the Favorites lists I use. Then, next time I write the changed lists to the scanner, then I'll have the latest information.

If using a Favorites list, you can go into the main database, and expand it until you get to your county and the system of interest to you, then append the changed system from the main database to your Favorites list. I only do that if there are a lot of changes, such as a large batch of talkgroups that have been added to a fairly new trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.