Help With Programming NJT's Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmp883

I'm programming in New Jersey Transit's Motorola Type II 800-MHz trunked system. I've got several talkgroups already programmed but the one group I want to put in (buses) is different. Instead of finding the 5-digit talkgroup ID under the column labled DEC there is another column, labeled Subfleet with a 5 digit, hyphenated number. Then there is the DEC column with every row in that column filled with a zero.

Will the hyphenated numbers in the Subfleet column work? I'd like to monitor the NJT buses and am thanking you all in advance for your help/advice on this question.

n2mdk

Not sure which radio your using but if you look you will see NJT is listed as a Type IIi system and should be programmed more like a Type I system. If you do that it should take the subfleet TGID.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the NJ forum. I would recommend reading the Sticky posts on what to post where when in the Trunking and Commercial Radio forums. Thanks.

bigray246

NJ Transit

The NJ Transit system is actually a Hy-brid trunked system, meaning it uses both Motorola Type I and Type II formats. Depending on your scanner you can either install it as a Hybrid system or you may have to install it twice one as a Type I and another as Type II. Ray

xpawel15x

Does the NJ Transit PD use this trunking system at all? I hear them on their conventional frequencies..

SCPD

QRT
xpawel15x said:
Does the NJ Transit PD use this trunking system at all? I hear them on their conventional frequencies..

They do, but it's usually when they can't get through on the VHF channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.