help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
when i tried to program an edacs system on the 996t a screen comes up thats saids enter the lcn after i program the frequency.. what does this mean? i never saw this before on my other scanners..

n3ncn

The LCN is the Logical Channel Numbering ( I belive they call it that) When you got your freqs. they should be in a specific order. They MUST be programed in the order you recieved them. I checked Seminole Fl. I found Florida Power& Light. If you look at the EDACS freqs. they all have a small number in front of them01 937.97500 02 938.96250 03 938.97500 That is the order you program them called the LCN. Don't change them in numerical order.

Last edited:

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
so when i enter the frequency i push enter then it ask me to enter the lcn so i should put 1 and so forth in order..

n3ncn

For all that read the posts I sent him a PM that he DID need to enter the LCN number for each freq on the 996t.. My mistake

Last edited:

RISC777

n3ncn said:
For all that read the posts I sent him a PM that he DID need to enter the LCN number for each freq on the 996t.. My mistake

True, when manually programming a BCD996T right after you enter the frequency you're then prompted for the LCN, which is 01 through xx (however many there are for the system being programmed). The BCD396T is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.