Hempstead County NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Has anybody successfully monitored the Hempstead County Sheriffs Office and the Hope police on the 2 NXDN channels listed in the RR database? I will be visiting down there for a few weeks in November and living down there about six or seven months after that. I have a BCD436HP with the NXDN and DMR upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhsands

Feed Provider
Has anybody successfully monitored the Hempstead County Sheriffs Office and the Hope police on the 2 NXDN channels listed in the RR database? I will be visiting down there for a few weeks in November and living down there about six or seven months after that. I have a BCD436HP with the NXDN and DMR upgrade.

Yes, I submitted them both as NXDN and they are using Kenwood.

Fun facts:

154.8 has dmr frames in it, also. All I have seen is sync packets.

154.8 has NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 packets with iDas data in it.

Neither of those above situations occur on Lafayette or Union Counties' linked systems.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

Mike445

Yes, I submitted them both as NXDN and they are using Kenwood.

Fun facts:

154.8 has dmr frames in it, also. All I have seen is sync packets.

154.8 has NXDN4800 and NXDN9600 packets with iDas data in it.

Neither of those above situations occur on Lafayette or Union Counties' linked systems.

Awesome thank you! That is strange! Is the voice nice and clear? I have been down there many times in the last couple years and have her next to nothing on the ttrunk system and nowI know why!

jhsands

Feed Provider
Awesome thank you! That is strange! Is the voice nice and clear? I have been down there many times in the last couple years and have her next to nothing on the ttrunk system and nowI know why!

Nice and clear in NXDN terms. They just turned NXDN on in March'ish.

Hempstead Co still uses AWIN a lot. Mt Moriah, Wolf Mountain, and Yancy towers cover that area. I'd program just those three control channels in if you are staying in Hempstead County.

Mike445

Nice and clear in NXDN terms. They just turned NXDN on in March'ish.

Hempstead Co still uses AWIN a lot. Mt Moriah, Wolf Mountain, and Yancy towers cover that area. I'd program just those three control channels in if you are staying in Hempstead County.

Thank you for all the info. I’ll be staying primarily in Hempstead but will also be venturing to Nevada and Howard counties as well.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Thank you for all the info. I’ll be staying primarily in Hempstead but will also be venturing to Nevada and Howard counties as well.

The Nevada NXDN systems are "very narrow", 6.25, iDas compatible, NXDN4800... whichever of those you want to use, with RAN 1.

I haven't heard anything on any analog in Nevada since around Thanksgiving.

I sent you a PM on Tapatalk. If you don't use that, send me a message here.

The software I had when I borrowed a 996 (phase 2 compatible) loaded certain control channels into a group but didn't have the needed talkgroups in the scanner group.

About 3 A.M. I can pickup Tall Peak down in Magnolia.

Mike445

The Nevada NXDN systems are "very narrow", 6.25, iDas compatible, NXDN4800... whichever of those you want to use, with RAN 1.

I haven't heard anything on any analog in Nevada since around Thanksgiving.

I sent you a PM on Tapatalk. If you don't use that, send me a message here.

The software I had when I borrowed a 996 (phase 2 compatible) loaded certain control channels into a group but didn't have the needed talkgroups in the scanner group.

About 3 A.M. I can pickup Tall Peak down in Magnolia.

I just got your PM. I work nights and sleep mornings. Thanksgiving was the last time I was in Nevada. A sheriff was there at the house for Thanksgiving. His portable was on. Sounded good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.