Henderson County Sheriff's Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncscz

Is it just my radio & location or has the Sheriff's Office dispatch signal deteriorated in the last few months? I used to get a strong signal at the house on either a Pro95 or a BR330T hand held scanner, but not anymore. The data base does not show any changes or update, but for the last few months the dispatch is barely strong enough to understand it. And I used to hear a good bit of traffic on Channel 6 but it is completely silent now.

It might be my imagination, but I believe this happened about the same time the 2 Viper locations in the county were activated.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Try Channel 7

156.2175 [151.4 PL]

Seems that they've linked the two channels together a few months ago...Ch. 1 was really strong towards my house so I figured that was on Bearwallow. Ch. 7 is licensed for Jump Off which will give you much better reception in Hendersonville.

I don't think (and I could be wrong, I haven't been home in the last month) VIPER has anything to do with it. HCSO experimented with a patch over the course of a few nights which I think was a test-bed for coverage because I heard a few deputies had another radio they were testing on in different parts of the county but that only lasted a week.

kd8x

Is it just my radio & location or has the Sheriff's Office dispatch signal deteriorated in the last few months? I used to get a strong signal at the house on either a Pro95 or a BR330T hand held scanner, but not anymore. The data base does not show any changes or update, but for the last few months the dispatch is barely strong enough to understand it. And I used to hear a good bit of traffic on Channel 6 but it is completely silent now.

It might be my imagination, but I believe this happened about the same time the 2 Viper locations in the county were activated.

I am getting the main PD channel here in Concord, NC with no problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.