Henry County Edacs Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectraGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 different Digital Trunking Scanners, Pro197, GRE and Uniden. I have WIN500, ARC500Pro and BCTools+. I can not hear any Digital groups. I hear the Analog groups with no problem. I am familiar with the 8 frequencies and the DEC and HEX ID's of the groups I am trying to monitor, but I can not hear any Digital groups even when monitoring on Wildcard. Are these scanners capable of monitoring the GE ProVoice Digital or am I setting someting wrong stopping me from hearing Digital. I have no problem hearing P25 and Motorola. If anyone can shed some light, it would be appreciated.

SG

N8IAA

I have 3 different Digital Trunking Scanners, Pro197, GRE and Uniden. I have WIN500, ARC500Pro and BCTools+. I can not hear any Digital groups. I hear the Analog groups with no problem. I am familiar with the 8 frequencies and the DEC and HEX ID's of the groups I am trying to monitor, but I can not hear any Digital groups even when monitoring on Wildcard. Are these scanners capable of monitoring the GE ProVoice Digital or am I setting someting wrong stopping me from hearing Digital. I have no problem hearing P25 and Motorola. If anyone can shed some light, it would be appreciated.

SG

SG, not to sound like a wisea$$, but if you had done a little homework on ProVoice, you would have known that there are no scanners that have that protocol. This has been discussed in this forum, and others on RR for years. Others not compatible with the newer digital scanners are: Mototrbo, Nexedge, OpenSky, Passport, and of course, encryption.
Larry

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is possible to do what you mentioned although it involves very complex computer usage and a engineers understanding of how this system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.