Herkimer Cnty Building & Grounds channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
WPCR907...156.2025 repeater output. according to the license its used for buildings and grounds maintainence, which compliments what I have been hearing on the frequency. Heres the interesting part, everytime someone keys up on the repeater, i see a different ctcss carrier every time...so far ive seen at least 5. im assuming different carriers for different channels, but ive heard conversations between people, all with different carriers...hopefully someone in Herkimer can explain this to me. Thanks

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Let us know what you find out Matt. Maybe different carriers for different areas?

Mike

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Let us know what you find out Matt. Maybe different carriers for different areas?

Mike

i stopped submitting information, because i got sick of being harassed about it. if i find something out, ill PM you

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
i stopped submitting information, because i got sick of being harassed for it. if i find something out, ill PM you

Boo hoo. I'm tired of your act, so spare me the sob story. You seem to lack common sense and have trouble understanding simple concepts, so from now on everything you try to get added or changed in the database will be very heavily scrutinized. That includes PM's to other database admins.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Boo hoo. I'm tired of your act, so spare me the sob story. You seem to lack common sense and have trouble understanding simple concepts, so from now on everything you try to get added or changed in the database will be very heavily scrutinized. That includes PM's to other database admins.

As i said...incase you didnt read properly. Im Done submitting information, period. And as i also have said before, I have not Intentionally submitted any tainted information. And i also refuse to argue the fact to someone on an online message board. enough said.

Now back on topic @ Mtnrider, thats what i was thinking to, but it is only licensed as a FB2 station. not that licenses haveent been wrong before. Very seldom do i hear transmissions, nextt ime ill see if i cant copy down the ctcss tones.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
If you have heard one conversation between users with different PLs, that kind of excludes a community tone panel...
Maybe they are using CSQ and they transmitter or controller has just gone haywire and is randomly sending PLs.
Or they are using something else that is falsing your scanner.
Oh, I think FB2 would be valid even it was a "community tone panel" if it's for their internal use - e.g. Not reselling the repeater use.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
If you have heard one conversation between users with different PLs, that kind of excludes a community tone panel...
Maybe they are using CSQ and they transmitter or controller has just gone haywire and is randomly sending PLs.
Or they are using something else that is falsing your scanner.
Oh, I think FB2 would be valid even it was a "community tone panel" if it's for their internal use - e.g. Not reselling the repeater use.

according to the license..."Radios will be used to coordinate building and grounds maintainence for the county." makes me wonder if its just the county building in Herkimer, or possably all county owned buildings throughout the county, with what Mtnrider said, different PLs for different areas. The conversation i heard last night was between 3 units, 2 units were talking about the road conditions, both with different tones, and then a third unit chimed in on another tone (100.0Hz). then one of the origional units told the third unit to change his channel, as he was "using the all call channel". next time the third unit transmitted, he was on 110.9Hz. So yeah this has my full curiousity.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
according to the license..."Radios will be used to coordinate building and grounds maintainence for the county." makes me wonder if its just the county building in Herkimer, or possably all county owned buildings throughout the county, with what Mtnrider said, different PLs for different areas. The conversation i heard last night was between 3 units, 2 units were talking about the road conditions, both with different tones, and then a third unit chimed in on another tone (100.0Hz). then one of the origional units told the third unit to change his channel, as he was "using the all call channel". next time the third unit transmitted, he was on 110.9Hz. So yeah this has my full curiousity.

If they are using using the different PL's on the same freq and they have multiple channels, they are probably scanning all the channels as well and they are talking back and forth with out noticing what channel they have selected.

D

DaveNF2G

Herkimer Cnty Building & Grounds channel

Scanners with a CTCSS search feature tend to show SOMEthing even when no tone is being transmitted. If you see a bunch of different tones during a conversation, then the radios are using CSQ.

Older scanners that first had CTCSS also used to show 136.5 (and sometimes 131.8) when receiving DCS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SCPD

QRT
I believe Dave is the winner! Last I knew it was CSQ. Repeater is on top of County Office Building in Herkimer. I haven't listened to it in a long time. I think it's in my mobile, I'll check into it!

John

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
I setup a similar repeater at a BOCES facility in the past. This may or may not be the same thing you are seeing. The repeater had 6 PL tones to be used as a community repeater. There was 1 PL for all users, then 1 PL for custodians, 1 for maintenance, 1 for administration and so on. Every radio had the HELP channel with a common PL. If anything happened that required everyone this "channel" was used in the radio. All radios scanned this channel also. No one user ever used the radio a ton so it was't a huge deal (I think there were 20 radios max on the repeater). In reality all radios were programmed with 6 channels (same frequency different PL)......

I wonder if this is what you are seeing here except at a larger scale. Kinda sounds very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.