HF ACARS / HFDL - Ground Station Frequencies Broadcast Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Is there a table somewhere that provides the broadcast schedule of each HF ACARS ground station frequencies? I've searched and cannot seem to find anything. It would save me some time of having to listen for 32 seconds to every freq.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not that I'm aware of. You can narrow your search down somewhat by knowing sunrise/sunset times and what freqs to search based on that - I don't know of any other way...best regards...Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Try here....

Frequency - HFDL HF ACARS

... but they don't give the date of that information - I believe it has changed recently. Even so the blurb that you receive from the HFDL base stations should update reasonably frequently.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the replies.

I wonder how old that data is on the one site as well and why what I'm looking for isn't readily available somewhere.

I did update my tables in PC-HFDL and noticed on PlanePlotter that some frequencies show up under the ground station identifiers on the map. I don't know if these are current broadcasting frequencies, or 24/7 freqs. I'm thinking 24/7, because they never changed after several days. These frequencies never showed up, until after I updated the table I downloaded from the HFDL group on Yahoo. I now have #35 in place.

What was also interesting, is that every station wasn't instantly populated with frequencies. It took a while and I think I got some freqs for every one, except for Panama.

Anyways, If I figure out the time schedule I'll re-post here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More importantly if you could validate the old table we have in the wiki against the actual broadcast schedule, that would be very valuable. You can post the changes to me at ka3jjz1 (at) verizon (dot) net and I'll update the wiki table

I suspect that Hoka table is about 3 years old - maybe more. It's not widely available simply because it's a very specialized application - something only HF folks interested in digital aero would likely want to know. There's also the distinct possibility that SITA doesn't want folks to know about the system - competitive advantage, y'know....

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.