Hi everyone (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecolumbus

I feel bad because I joined this forum months ago, but haven't been active for awhile. I've been indulging in my other hobby, diecast cars.

I have been listening to my AOR 8600 MK 2, and it's amazing that I can pick up the walkies from a nearby nursing home. When they air that they are calling 911, I just wait a few minutes and sure enough, I hear the ambulance outside.

I originally thought that spending $300 on an antenna was pretty steep, but I'm glad now that I did, and especially glad that I took the time to install it correctly on my roof.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
stevecolumbus - you are on the Right track. just remember cars are RF cages so a Rubber Duck antenna wont do you much good unless on a External antenna mount. at home I use a High Gain tv antenna mounted in my Attic, its a great Stealth antenna , so as to not Alert my neighbors that I have a Scanner.

Ubbe

Tell us a bit more about you antenna setup and why it became so costly. Could it be the coax that can handle 1000 watt of transmit power?

/Ubbe

stevecolumbus

Tell us a bit more about you antenna setup and why it became so costly. Could it be the coax that can handle 1000 watt of transmit power?

/Ubbe
Obviously it's been awhile (again) since I've been on here, or else it wouldn't have taken me so long to answer this.

The antenna itself was $300. It's a dual element SA 7000 antenna. It works excellent.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Damn, that looks like a great antenna. Time to start saving!

Status
Not open for further replies.