Hi from brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug43qld

Hi guys just found this forum and it looks great , i am into cb and scanning and will be more active as i can no longer work .Do we have many aussie members here , i will go through the treads to get up to date . cheers doug .

Comint

Premium Subscriber
doug43qld said:
Hi guys just found this forum and it looks great , i am into cb and scanning and will be more active as i can no longer work .Do we have many aussie members here , i will go through the treads to get up to date . cheers doug .

Welcome.

There are some Australian members, with a couple from Qld, but most of them seem to be from NSW.

Comint.

doug43qld

Thanks comint i see your in queensland too .thought i get an idea how many aussies here . lots of good info here, going through it for ideas.cheers .doug

Cul

Hi I'm Cul. Another Aussie who just registered today. I'm from Bundaberg in QLD - about 4 hours north along the coast from Brisbane.

Cul

grant

Hi Col and others

The reason there isn't much in the database for your state is because the data has to be set up first by "counties", which you well know, doesn't apply here now . I used local government boundaries for NSW but I discovered that it is not that simple outside of NSW.

I am going to use the weather district boundaries for the rest of Australia from the BOM site to get uniformity.

The queensland boundaries there are divided into northern, central, western and south-east with further subdivisions. I think I will run with the 15 divisions shown eg your area of Bundaburg comes under "Wide Bay and Burnett"

Grant

Comint

Premium Subscriber
grant said:
Hi Col and others

The reason there isn't much in the database for your state is because the data has to be set up first by "counties", which you well know, doesn't apply here now . I used local government boundaries for NSW but I discovered that it is not that simple outside of NSW.

I am going to use the weather district boundaries for the rest of Australia from the BOM site to get uniformity.

The queensland boundaries there are divided into northern, central, western and south-east with further subdivisions. I think I will run with the 15 divisions shown eg your area of Bundaburg comes under "Wide Bay and Burnett"

Grant

Probably the best way to go.

For the Emergency Services, the state is divided into seven regions, but the regions are nearly, but NOT exactly, the same for each service.

In the case of the Qld Fire and Rescue Service (QFRS), the breakdown is:

Code:
No    Region

1     Northern
2     Central
3     South Western
4     North Coast
5     Brisbane
6     South Eastern
7     Far Northern

Nowadays, with the QFRS, the Region Number is used as the first digit of their radio callsign.

Comint

doug43qld

Gday cul ,and grant

Hi guys ,welcome cul , good to see another aussie here been going though the threads lots of good info . i will be here each day for a look my main hobby is cb dxing , and scanning and shortwave .just getting back into it as i have plenty of spare time due to bad back problems . will be trying to help any one here i am no expert ,i am studing the foundiation licence at the moment. Any one know what sort range is expected at 800 mhz plus, I haven't looked there yet thought about a cell phone antenna to start sniffing around with before playing with other stuff . will go and look around this site .cheers .doug

doug43qld

Gday Lino glad to hear another aussie here ,i am in queensland .I am getting back in to the scanning just started on the aircraft band my self .good to see a few guys posting .cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.