High Altitude Sector Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirScan

WatnNY,

From the "New Memphis ARTCC frequency" thread

AirScan, where do you get the information to make the maps? They are awesome!

The sector number and boundary info. I get directly from the respective Center or if that doesn't work through a FOIA request. I try to update it every 3-5 years or if I hear of any big changes.

The actual frequency and sector configuration I keep updated from personal monitoring (I travel a lot) or from using various internet radio sources like LiveATC, Broadcastify, GlobalTuners, etc.

Accurate information is not always provided from the FAA, although some Centers are better than others, so reports from others that routinely monitor high altitude airspace are also very helpful.

Attached below is what I have for the Knoxville area. Maybe you can help me out ? It's been a few months since I checked the frequencies in that area. Do you notice any changes or do they still look correct ? I'm also wondering about ZTL37-ZTL39 configuration, I know the sectors above ZTL36-ZTL40 combine when it's slow and I assume 37/39 do as well but have not been able to confirm it.

I have complete coverage of North America, but so far only high altitude VHF frequencies, still working on low altitude and UHF. If anyone else is interested in a high altitude VHF chart covering their area and is able to provide feedback on accuracy or info on new frequencies and sector configuration etc. post your location here and I would be happy to attach a chart of the area here in this thread.

Any other updates from anywhere always appreciated if you can post them to the forum.

AS

Attachments

• TYS 200.pdf
    261 KB · Views: 285
D

DaveNF2G

You can also buy charts from Jeppesen. They can be pricey and I don't know how current they actually are when new ones are released.

AirScan

You can also buy charts from Jeppesen. They can be pricey and I don't know how current they actually are when new ones are released.

Jeppesen high altitude charts, like the government charts don't show individual sector boundaries and only some select high altitude frequencies, many are missing. Just as an example the latest Jeppesen chart is missing 8 confirmed high altitude frequencies for Cleveland Center.

You can access high altitude charts from Skyvector (free).

https://skyvector.com/

If you are just looking for frequencies the best reference I've found so far is the RR database here.

ARTCC - The RadioReference Wiki

AS

Status
Not open for further replies.