High level simplex on VHF hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockettradio

In this technology rich region , with all the repeaters, digital and trunking and migration upward, I'd like to ask an open question for conversation;

Who still uses high level / power FM simplex operations on VHF hi in the Bay Area?
Exclude railroads and marine, looking mostly public safety and commercial.

Even If you have a historical recollection about some vhf hi simplex communication powerhouse in years gone by...

Thanks!
Russ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
In this technology rich region , with all the repeaters, digital and trunking and migration upward, I'd like to ask an open question for conversation;

Who still uses high level / power FM simplex operations on VHF hi in the Bay Area?
Exclude railroads and marine, looking mostly public safety and commercial.

Even If you have a historical recollection about some vhf hi simplex communication powerhouse in years gone by...

Thanks!
Russ

Well that's narrowing it down to specifics, VHF-HI and simplex. There aren't much. Only thing that comes to mind that is in use on a regular basis that is simplex is CALCORD 156.075. And that's just the medical helicopters making ground contact with medic units.

I know the California State Automobile Association (AAA) used VHF simplex back in the day around 150.9 something but I don't think they use it anymore.

I sure do miss the old days of hearing Oakland PD on 156.090 and Alameda County Sheriff on 154.650. Never had issues receiving those guys.

bharvey2

+1
I sure do miss the old days of hearing Oakland PD on 156.090 and Alameda County Sheriff on 154.650. Never had issues receiving those guys.

I don't hear too much on VHF high at all these days. The closest I can think of is the Walmarts on MURS channels. (I talk to a guy down in Palo Alto on 2M simplex once in a while but I suspect that doesn't qualify.)

rockettradio

Santa Clara county SO still has some ops on simplex. With remotes up above Los Gatos and on Copernicus.

Any Agency still have hi level remotes on VFire21, I hear fewer weekly roll calls these days, with weaker signals as they use lower and localized antennas...

Status
Not open for further replies.