Highland County, FL - New Digital/Encrypted System To Go Online Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
hmmm

the sheriffs and idiot

So, it is my guess that the Sheriff of Highlands County reads this board and knows of the way to get radios setup. or else someone ratted to him.

I also find it rather disgusting that Motorola is getting free advertising. This goes to show that Motorola is doing something ILLEGAL to get these encryption systems sold.

It's time that us scanner listeners put our feet down on this and make a case to the FCC. Some of you say we can't change things but i know we can.

If you people don't raise up and stop this, I bet the farm that even airport comms will be encrypted.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how that sheriff is going to feel, when they find out scanners listen to the agency's transmissions? (The non-encrypted ones, obviously.)

SCPD

QRT
Ummmm if they were a type 2 or type IIi analog trunk 800 before wouldn't the system naturally be set up to inhibit or stun a radio that popped up? They use edacs or something? Poor techs? None less what they refer to more of ones own agencies like vol do this more then a average bob on street.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Guys, you ALL are cracking me up here....
This has been a 5 year project in the making....
what I feel bad about is, the radio's were bought two years ago.
Guess what? Anyone want to guess where the warranty cards are for these???

I will keep pushing NEXEDGE for the consumers here in Polk, Highlands, Hardee, Hillsborough,
up through Orlando, and down the I-95 corridor, now that we have a semi state wide
system up and running.... All I have to say is enjoy being hosed by the Mother M. YOU ARE SO VENDOR LOCKED, even vapor lock feels the pain.

Cheers

IDCowboy1

Guys, you ALL are cracking me up here....
This has been a 5 year project in the making....
what I feel bad about is, the radio's were bought two years ago.
Guess what? Anyone want to guess where the warranty cards are for these???

I will keep pushing NEXEDGE for the consumers here in Polk, Highlands, Hardee, Hillsborough,
up through Orlando, and down the I-95 corridor, now that we have a semi state wide
system up and running.... All I have to say is enjoy being hosed by the Mother M. YOU ARE SO VENDOR LOCKED, even vapor lock feels the pain.

Cheers

You say Mother M. is vendor locking, looks like Kenwood is doing the same thing with NXDN. It isn't compatible with P25, and you can't direct connect to an analog trunk system which makes things oh so much fun for the techs who have to maintain two or even three separate radio systems to fill in the gaps. But before that comes explaining to the taxpayers why they have to buy MORE radios to be able to interop with other agencies.

Radio salesmen are getting as bad as used car salesmen these days I swear. Make one standard, stick with it, and let the agencies pick the name they want on the radios. But hey, I'm just some technician with 20+ years maintaining these systems trying to exercise some common sense here. My bad.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I also find it rather disgusting that Motorola is getting free advertising. This goes to show that Motorola is doing something ILLEGAL to get these encryption systems sold.

Dude, neither of those parts made sense. The article (and the sheriff) stated it was a Moneyrola system. How is that free advertising? Are local going to run out and buy Moto products now? If it hadn't been stated as such, how many people on here would've responded asking "Does anyone know what kind of system this is going to be"?

And even I can't fathom your statement about illegalities. Are you attempting to imply that Moto paid the sheriff to state to the public that a publicly-funded system is made by them? That's a pretty big leap.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You say Mother M. is vendor locking, looks like Kenwood is doing the same thing with NXDN. It isn't compatible with P25, and you can't direct connect to an analog trunk system which makes things oh so much fun for the techs who have to maintain two or even three separate radio systems to fill in the gaps. But before that comes explaining to the taxpayers why they have to buy MORE radios to be able to interop with other agencies.

Radio salesmen are getting as bad as used car salesmen these days I swear. Make one standard, stick with it, and let the agencies pick the name they want on the radios. But hey, I'm just some technician with 20+ years maintaining these systems trying to exercise some common sense here. My bad.

Yes, with MAXDispatch (A zetron product, now owned by JVC Kenwood) it can patch ANY flavor of a radio
system. NXDN is just as much of a name as P25. and yes, there are two known places where NXDN is
patched into a Motorola system that is statewide. NXDN has several vendors. Just like Motorola would say they have several vendors too..... Johnson, Harris, and Kenwood can play on their(Mother M) systems.
Kenwood has their TK-5410 with a firmware update, it too will play P25-PII.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.