Status
Not open for further replies.

PSRBill

Hello, new here and trying to learn. I was looking to use the control channel for the HCSO and the HCFD but when I got to the page for the info on them ... https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=220 ...... the System Frequencies have NO .......... Red (c) are primary control channels | Blue (a) are alternate control channels listed at all. I just got a 2 SDR radio usb adapters and wanted to listen in but I can't find the control channel to use for them. I would be so happy if someone can help me out with getting this working. I have https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HVUEME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDN1T4S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to use to pull the waves from the air. I have download all the software I need I think as I can get fm radio and weather from here but I can't seem to get this working right to hear the EDACS. I have used sdrsharp to find used freq, then I tried to use unitrunker 1.0.33.6 and DSD+ . I can lock on to what in unitrunker calls EDACS 1 but it doesn't list freq's or anything else and no voices comes threw. see attached pic. unitrunker mine 1.JPG

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
You need to install all frequencies in LCN to get EDACS systems. They have a tendency to change control channels frequently.

PSRBill

Ok I can get they change, I did a fast search on the site about the LCN and that seemed to come more in effect if I only had one USB dongle at the time was using. I have 2 that I use one to pick the control channel and hold it and then another to scan for the voice when it comes on.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Correct. The control channels on the Hillsborough County EDACS system sites hop very frequently, and usually don't stay parked for any more than 24 hours.

Also, it is best if you program both the east and west sites as separate systems as well. You only have the East system showing in your screenshots, so you will not hear traffic such as Tampa FR or Tampa PD on there unless you program the East and West systems separately.

PSRBill

Ok im lost now lol ....... Can you point me in the right direction on where to read up more on this. I thought I needed the one control channel and one for voice. But now if i'm reading right what you guys are saying is that I have to set all the listed frequencies in the VCO park section of unitrunker. that would mean setting up multiple VCO's . yes ? or is their a easier software option to use for doing this as i have looked and cant find one. now I did go to 769.80625 and I picked up the apco p25 system and I heard something I think, I may be to far away from where they were to hear them clear but that section worked. It listed all frequencies in the group with info.

PSRBill

Got it .... took me a while of trial and error .. Thanks for all the help :}

Status
Not open for further replies.