Hiring Radio Techs in Amarillo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEDECK80

I'm new to these boards, so if this isn't the proper place to post this please let me know.

I am the R/T Communications Supervisor for the City of Amarillo. I will have two openings for Communications Technicians which I will need to fill soon. If you or someone you know is hunting or will soon be hunting for a job and has a strong radio background please have them contact me. The official announcements have not yet been posted, but will be soon. I can give more information and answer questions for possible candidates. This will be bench and field work, mostly on public safety radio equipment. These positions also involve being on call as part of a team to set up and operate the city's Emergency Mobile Operations Center. No travel aside from a few days per year for training as needed. The pay is competitive and the benefits are very hard to beat in another civilian job. Initial interviews will be conducted by phone.

A few notes on Amarillo:

* The cost of living is low here. For example you can easily purchase a very nice 3 bedroom 2 bath home in a good neighborhood for $70-80k. You could also purchase a large acreage with a very nice house for less than $200k.

* West Texas A&M University is an excellent school located just 15 miles south of town. Veterans and their spouses immediately qualify for in state tuition upon moving to Texas. There is also Amarillo College right here in town, along with a few other community colleges.

* Amarillo has about 200k people, a major airport, and is just 4 hours from Albquerque, Santa Fe, and Oklahoma City. I-40 runs right through town.

* Palo Duro Canyon State Park is located just south of town and the only canyon larger than it in the U.S. is the Grand Canyon.

Let me know if someone is interested and I'll keep them posted and answer any questions they might have. Thanks.

TEDECK80

I'll unlock those and you can email or pm me.

Keep checking that link, they'll be posted within a few weeks, hopefully sooner.
I am just starting this position and the department is very understaffed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.