• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

HISS...CHK

Status
Not open for further replies.

scantime

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I love my digital scanners, the audio is nice, but there's something about the sound of an older scanner emitting conventional analog transmissions that I miss. So last night I turned the volume down on my digitals, knocked the dust off my BC350A, plugged in some frequencies, and took a step back in time. That and a little scotch made for a most enjoyable evening. HISS...Ahhh, the simple life...HISS...CHK

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I know what you mean:) The agencies here use a mix of analog & digital so I get to use both units. I have a 350A in the bedroom and a BCT7 in one of my vehicles. I wish Uniden would've incorporated P25 Trunking withing a unit with the same features as the 350 or 7:) I'm like you I love all my units, though.

73s and enjoy

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.