Hits in the 300 MHz block

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

During the early morning hours of 05/17/18, I was running a recording set up on my TRX 2, using the control demo for logging. I was covering the band of 335.4000 to 350.0000. I had two hits that I cannot confirm anything on yet.
1) 339.8750. The signal was strong on my logging replay, no distortion. The signal was very much encrypted. It registered on the log as T.G. 1, and as Radio I.D. 1019. There were two hits on this. The recording was encrypted garbly gook.

2) 336.6650. This transmission for voice modulation was only two seconds long, and I could not understand what words were being said. There were many hits on this frequency, all registered as DMR. Only one hit contained voice modulation.

At this point I am going to call this as an I.F. issue. But, I am running the same band today and tonight to see I if can get the same results, and maybe catch it while I am here in my cozy basement.

milcom_chaser

During the early morning hours of 05/17/18, I was running a recording set up on my TRX 2, using the control demo for logging. I was covering the band of 335.4000 to 350.0000. I had two hits that I cannot confirm anything on yet.
1) 339.8750. The signal was strong on my logging replay, no distortion. The signal was very much encrypted. It registered on the log as T.G. 1, and as Radio I.D. 1019. There were two hits on this. The recording was encrypted garbly gook.

2) 336.6650. This transmission for voice modulation was only two seconds long, and I could not understand what words were being said. There were many hits on this frequency, all registered as DMR. Only one hit contained voice modulation.

At this point I am going to call this as an I.F. issue. But, I am running the same band today and tonight to see I if can get the same results, and maybe catch it while I am here in my cozy basement.

We would concur - I.F. intermod issue. Sounds like it's coming from the VHF Band. Do you have a stubby antenna you can swap in for the radio?

AlphaFive

300 MHz band

No, only the factory telescopic antennas, guess I can try one of those. The only portables I have won't do the 300 Mhz. band. I'm hoping to be able to get some voice modulation and determine who they are, and what band they belong on we'll see.......Thank you for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.