Hoboken

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Why are we depreciating frequencies when an Agency is in the process of transition and keeps switching back and forth between systems ? Too many contributors are quick to jump the gun and too many DB admins are too quick to make changes without confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NParkNJ

On the Road
Could still be testing, and/or possibly simulcasting.

Maybe not every single radio is installed... etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rufus-7

They may be experiencing problems with the new system, I’m guessing dead spots or coverage due to the city being sea level and the palisades blocking the west where the west orange site is located. They are still using their new radios but on the old 800 frequencies possibly temporary until the bugs are worked out. This may be a stretch but maybe they’re thinking of going to the new county system as it’s designed to cover the Hudson county area specifically.if you listen to the radios when they key up you’ll notice right after the mdc there is a short ping like sound, that’s how I kinda figure they’re still using the new radios.

ansky

They may be experiencing problems with the new system, I’m guessing dead spots or coverage due to the city being sea level and the palisades blocking the west where the west orange site is located.

The West Orange simulcast consists of 5 sites. The closest one to Hoboken is in Jersey City. But of course there is still no guarantee that they are getting adequate coverage, especially down by the river.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=18678

rufus-7

Looks like they are back on the state system again and also in the green (encrypted)

rufus-7

For the past few weeks they’ve been on the 800mhz and about a week ago they were back on the state system for a few hours before going back on the old system. I wonder what is happening with them, why are they back on the old system. Hopefully they’ll stay on the old 800mhz

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I always wondered why the state system didn't put a site up in Manhattan, if for no other reason but to have almost total coverage. The NYPD has sites in NJ, as do the NYSP.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
They could put one on a building in Jersey City. They have one going up thats going to be close to 900 feet tall. The Goldman Sachs Tower is 781 feet tall.

AlexC

Database Admin
They are on their conventional, non-encrypted, analog, 800mhz channel. My understanding is very infrequent use - if any - of the TRS assigned talkgroups.

was in Hoboken last night. The NJICS has not met their goal of reliable coverage , including in- building coverage .

Interesting because NJ Transit PD, which is the primary law enforcement agency for NJ Transit's Hoboken rail terminal and the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail (with 3 station stops in Hoboken), is fully encrypted on NJICS. One would think they would be experiencing the same coverage problems?

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
Interesting because NJ Transit PD, which is the primary law enforcement agency for NJ Transit's Hoboken rail terminal and the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail (with 3 station stops in Hoboken), is fully encrypted on NJICS. One would think they would be experiencing the same coverage problems?
I don't think New Jersey Transit Police expect portable coverage inside of every floor of every building in Hoboken.

So exactly how many taxpayer dollars did Hoboken spend to get onto NJICS? And are the radios they purchased usable on their 800 MHz conventional system, or are they just sitting in a box now gathering dust? Anyone know if there are any plans in place to address the "coverage issues?"

Status
Not open for further replies.