Hold on a (talk)group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnaron

Is there anyway to hold on a talk group without having to lock all of the groups out in the groups tab? It would be cool if there was a button in that window that would allow you to hold on the selected group? When I say hold I mean have the control radio follow that group. Apologies if I am missing something obvious here.

thanks

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2338; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Press the manual button, and your scanner will stay on that one channel/talkgroup.
Or do you want the scanner to continue scanning other channels in other groups, but only the one channel in that specific group?

wtp

i use one step

hit hold.
as the group is talking
or if you know the group number, hit hold type the group number, hit hold.

xnaron

hit hold.
as the group is talking
or if you know the group number, hit hold type the group number, hit hold.

Thanks for your replies guys. I'll give a bit more information to help better understand what I am asking for.

The hold button really doesn't seem to have any effect on anything for me. I am using rtl-sdr dongles and not scanners. Basically what I would like to be able to do is to be able to "stick" on a talkgroup exclusively. When I click this button I would like it to effectively lockout all of the other talkgroups and only follow the selected one and park somewhere where nothing will transmit when it is not active. I know I can do that in the menu with priorities and check marks but it is not fast. Another mode of operation would be to have it stick on that talk group an when it isn't transmitting go back to listening to the other talk groups. I know this can be done with priorities but changing priorities on the fly is not quick. Basically it is just a hot key to stick with listening to something you find interesting. I don't know enough about unitrunker to know if this is possible or already implemented. Thanks again for the replies.

SCPD

QRT
There's a hold button but it is broken at the moment, I'm afraid.

The next best thing is to bump the group's priority to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.